4 In 3 For Leicester's Iheanacho: Ndidi Surprised Eagles Teammate Can Score With His HeadPublished: August 04, 2018
Leicester City wrapped up their pre-season schedule with a 2-1 win over Ligue 1 opponents Lille on Saturday, with Nigeria international Kelechi Iheanacho tallying his third and fourth goals.
The Foxes found themselves behind in the 4th minute following a close-range effort from Mothiba, but they were back on level terms ten minutes from half-time thanks to a fantastic header from Iheanacho.
Just before the hour mark, the Leicester City number eight tapped in for his second of the game after he was picked out by Chilwell.
Speaking to Leicester City TV post-match, midfielder Wilfred Ndidi has admitted that he was shocked that Iheanacho managed to score with his head.
He said : ''He (Kelechi) is getting there because we work everyday in training. I was even surprised he scored with the head because, just yesterday we practiced just me and him, just playing and then try to practice. It was good.
''In the previous games also, he was good, he scored in those games for the confidence and I hope he takes the confidence to the next game, not just him but all the players.''
Iheanacho also registered his name on the score-sheet against Udinese and Valencia, he was substituted in the 72nd minute against Lille.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
- Super Falcons ratings: Kanu, Okoronkwo grab headlines; Nnadozie can't be judged; Okwuchukwu one to watch
- Official: MLS club St. Louis City SC exercise 2024 contract option on Nigerian forward
- WAFCONQ: Five takeaways from Super Falcons convincing 5-0 win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Nigeria 5 Cape Verde 0: Kanu and Okoronkwo at the double in Super Falcons convincing win
- Nigeria-eligible winger who trained with Chelsea first team this month nominated for Goal of the Month again
- 'It's a bit annoying' - Fulham CB Bassey reflects on being booked for time-wasting against Arsenal
- 'He comes from the Belgian league' - Bayer chief defends Boniface over his dip in form in Bundesliga
- Super Eagles drop two spots in latest Fifa rankings after draws against Lesotho and Zimbabwe
- 'Shows I'm doing the right things' - Nathan Tella admits selection for Super Eagles has given him confidence
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football