'He Eliminates Defenders & Takes People Out Of The Game' - Liverpool Boss Backs 'King Of The Dribble' To Score More GoalsPublished: October 29, 2018
Liverpool U23 coach Neil Critchley believes Bobby Adekanye deserves to score more goals on the back of his performances for the club's youth teams and hailed the winger for his excellent dribbling skills and pace.
The Ibadan-born starlet has figured in ten games for the Reds youth teams in the current campaign, scoring three goals, including two in the UEFA Youth League.
The former Barcelona and Ajax Amsterdam whizkid was not available for selection for the Premier League 2 tie against Derby County as a result of fitness issues.
Having returned to action against Red Star Belgrade in the UEFA Youth League, Adekanye is expected to be named in the Liverpool squad against Blackburn Rovers U23s on Monday.
''We missed him against Derby and what we miss is his ability to take players on and get at people, '' Critchley told Liverpool's official website.
''He eliminates defenders and takes people out of the game which opens up the game for other people. His performance after two-and-a-half weeks out against Red Star Belgrade was really encouraging.
''I thought it was a terrific game from him but unfortunately it was probably another game you could probably say Bobby could have walked off with the match ball. ''
He added : ''It’s something we have got to work on with Bobby, to improve his consistency of finishing and we are working with him.
''One thing about Bobby is he has got a great attitude and great belief in himself so we will continue to try and improve that side of his game and we are confident he will get there. He has a lot of qualities.''
Although Adekanye was born in Nigeria, he has represented the Netherlands U16 and U17 national teams.
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football