Nigeria U20s Strength And Weakness Revealed By Rohr Ahead Of AFCON Showdown Vs MaliPublished: February 11, 2019
Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr reckons that the Flying Eagles lack of firepower in attack is their greatest weakness ahead of their semifinal showdown with Mali in the U20 Africa Cup of Nations.
Paul Aigbogun's side have shown great defensive solidity in their three matches so far at the ongoing tournament, having failed to concede against Burundi, South Africa and Niger.
Rohr has predicted that Nigeria will qualify for the U20 AFCON showpiece if they score first against the Malians because they are organized at the back.
''Now the semi-finals are decided after one game. We know it is a Cup game so these are special matches,'' Rohr told Foot Mali.
''It is important in this game to score the first goal and to have a good defense which Nigeria has.
''But Mali also made a good impression, so this match between Nigerians and Malians seems very open. Both teams have shown great things since the beginning of the tournament .
''I saw both play their last match in Niamey. Nigeria lacks a bit of offensive strength. And Mali has earned a deserved victory in its match against Ghana so we can just say that it's going to be a good match and very tight especially.''
The Flying Eagles will face off with Mali at the Stade Général Seyni Kountché, Niamey on Wednesday, starting from 1630 hours.
Football News 24/7
- Seven Flying Eagles Players Who Showed Promise In 2019 U20 AFCON
- Most Overpaid EPL Players Based On Minutes Played: Victor Moses, Okaka Make Top 10
- Two Players Of Nigerian Descent On Target For Man Utd U16 In 5-0 Rout Of FK Poprad
- Fifty Hottest Prospects In English Football: Chelsea's Anjorin, Arsenal's Saka, Norwich's Idah Make List
- Ex-Bayern Munich Striker Adeyemi Named Among Most Experienced Youngsters In Europe
- Nigerian Striker Celebrates New Contract With Goal & Assist For Arsenal U18s
- Leon Balogun Injury Nightmare Strikes Again Ahead Of Rohr's AFCONQ Squad Announcement
- Uzoho Invalid Medical Certificate : Super Eagles GK Suspended One Game; Fined N405,000
- Official : Junior Ajayi Extends Al Ahly Contract Until 2022
- Liverpool Post Scout To Watch Everton Loanee Henry, Nwakaeme In Turkish Super Lig Match
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football