Nigeria U20s Strength And Weakness Revealed By Rohr Ahead Of AFCON Showdown Vs MaliPublished: February 11, 2019
Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr reckons that the Flying Eagles lack of firepower in attack is their greatest weakness ahead of their semifinal showdown with Mali in the U20 Africa Cup of Nations.
Paul Aigbogun's side have shown great defensive solidity in their three matches so far at the ongoing tournament, having failed to concede against Burundi, South Africa and Niger.
Rohr has predicted that Nigeria will qualify for the U20 AFCON showpiece if they score first against the Malians because they are organized at the back.
''Now the semi-finals are decided after one game. We know it is a Cup game so these are special matches,'' Rohr told Foot Mali.
''It is important in this game to score the first goal and to have a good defense which Nigeria has.
''But Mali also made a good impression, so this match between Nigerians and Malians seems very open. Both teams have shown great things since the beginning of the tournament .
''I saw both play their last match in Niamey. Nigeria lacks a bit of offensive strength. And Mali has earned a deserved victory in its match against Ghana so we can just say that it's going to be a good match and very tight especially.''
The Flying Eagles will face off with Mali at the Stade Général Seyni Kountché, Niamey on Wednesday, starting from 1630 hours.
Football News 24/7
- Hoogewerf Makes Full Debut As Manchester United Suffer First League Loss At All Levels
- Done Deal : Scottish Champions Celtic Sign Talented Nigerian Striker
- New Aston Villa Signing Udanoh Center Of Three-Wag Tug Of War Between Nigeria, England & USA
- Chelsea Fan Peter Psquare Watches Chukwueze Open His Account For The Season In Spain
- Everton Winger Alex Iwobi Names Nigeria Legend As His Childhood Hero
- Nigerian Exports : Villarreal's Chukwueze, Bordeaux's Maja, Wycombe Wanderers' Onyedinma Score For Clubs
- Aston Villa Beat Liverpool, West Ham, Wolves To The Signing Of Promising Center Back
- Celtic, Rangers, West Ham Battling To Sign Nigerian Winger From Chelsea
- Fortuna Düsseldorf's Okoye Battling To Be Fit For Friendly Vs Ukraine After Operation
- Arsenal's Nigerian Fans React To Dani Ceballos' Masterclass Display Vs Burnley
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football