Football Intermediaries Association Of Nigeria Elect Executives, Design Roadmap For Way ForwardPublished: April 09, 2019
The first set of Executives have been elected into the board of Football Intermediaries Association Of Nigeria (FIAN) at the body's inaugural Annual General Meeting which was held together with a football summit on April 5th and 6th 2019 in Lagos.
With the Theme "Best International Practices In Approaching Football Businesses", resource persons including the head of Legal department of the Nigeria Football Federation, Barrister Okey Obi, Transfer Matching System Manager, Nasiru Jubril, Sports, PR Practitioner and Publisher, Naija League Magazine Ojeikere Aikhoje, Sports broadcaster and commentator Ralph Chidozie George among others were present.
Europe based Football agent Roberto Martins who is the general counsel of European Football Agents Association EFAA also joined the event via Skype alongside the the Secretary of EFAA Allison Hatch, and they talked about "The new framework and regulations in working with Intermediaries"
Members of FIAN also had the opportunity to ask questions as the Football Summit was largely interactive.
Top on the menu were the way forward of the Association and a working relationship between FIAN, the Nigeria Football Federation, the media and other stakeholders, as well as eradicate the issues of player's trafficking and fake individuals who parade themselves as intermediaries.
At the AGM, Mr Ayodele Thomas emerged as the first elected Chairman of FIAN, while there were also other winners.
Vice-chairman: Ferdinand Oji
Secretary: Abdulazeez Ibrahim
Assistant Secretary: Osasere Malachi
Financial Secretary: Jideofor Obidike
Treasurer: Philomena Onome Otuaga
Public Relations Officer : Kelvin Irikefe
Social Secretary: Nicholas Ukaegbu
Welfare Officer: Emmanuel Okpe
Meanwhile, former acting coordinator FIAN, Apostle Michael Sodeke appreciated everyone who contributed towards the success of the FIAN inaugural National Football Summit.
In the same vein, former Acting Treasurer Mr. Eddie Iseri Ogbemudia thanked all the invited guests and participants, he harped on the need to be united in order to take FIAN to an enviable height.
The event which was held at Four Point by Sheraton, Victoria Island, Lagos State was anchored by Ogun State based journalists Bayo Adegboyega and Sola Adebayo.
It was glamorous from the blast of the moderator's whistle till the end, and a footballer who was deceitfully trafficked to Cape Verde for football reasons also came around to explain his ordeal.
Football News 24/7
- 2019 WWC : Nigeria Qualify For Round Of 16, Face Germany Saturday
- Nigeria's Most Expensive Player In History Combined Transfer Fees, Ideye Joins Aris Thessaloniki
- Everton-Owned Winger Onyekuru Likeliest Loan Destination Revealed
- 'We Don't Have Stars Like Okocha, Kanu & Amokachi' - Rohr Admits No Marquee Players In Eagles AFCON Squad
- Braintree Town Snap Up Nigerian Midfielder Cole Who Was On Crystal Palace, Millwall Radar
- 'He Is From A Different Planet' - Mikel Picks Messi Over Ronaldo
- Nigeria vs Burundi : What Super Eagles Must Do To Defeat Unpredictable Debutant
- Done Deal : Third Highest-Scoring Nigerian In Bundesliga History Joins FC Union Berlin
- Ighalo Highlights The Key Qualities Of Super Eagles 'Legend' Obi Mikel
- Man City Beat Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund To Sign Nigerian Winger
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football