Abraham Confident In His Ability To Score Goals Despite Missing Sitter Vs BarcelonaPublished: July 26, 2019
Chelsea young star Tammy Abraham has confidence in his ability to score goals and stated that he has been studying world class strikers and their reactions after missing scoring opportunities.
The Nigeria Football Federation target netted his maiden goal in a Chelsea shirt after 33 minutes in their 2-1 win vs Barcelona on Tuesday, ten minutes after missing a glorious chance to open the scoring.
''I’ve been watching the top strikers in the world and how they react when they miss a chance, and they just always stay focused and take the next one that comes along,'' said Abraham to Chelsea's official website.
''Thankfully I did that against Barcelona and hopefully that can be the first of many.''
Abraham has to fight his way into the Chelsea first team during the pre-season after spending three successive seasons on loan at Bristol City, Swansea City and Aston Villa.
''I’ve got a manager here who believes in the young lads and will give you your chance if you work hard in training.
''That’s all I needed to hear and I’ll be giving my all for Chelsea this season and hopefully giving the manager something to think about,'' he added.
Abraham's strike against West Brom in the semifinals of the Championship playoffs was his 60th goal as a professional.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
- Super Falcons ratings: Kanu, Okoronkwo grab headlines; Nnadozie can't be judged; Okwuchukwu one to watch
- Official: MLS club St. Louis City SC exercise 2024 contract option on Nigerian forward
- WAFCONQ: Five takeaways from Super Falcons convincing 5-0 win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Nigeria 5 Cape Verde 0: Kanu and Okoronkwo at the double in Super Falcons convincing win
- Nigeria-eligible winger who trained with Chelsea first team this month nominated for Goal of the Month again
- 'It's a bit annoying' - Fulham CB Bassey reflects on being booked for time-wasting against Arsenal
- 'He comes from the Belgian league' - Bayer chief defends Boniface over his dip in form in Bundesliga
- Super Eagles drop two spots in latest Fifa rankings after draws against Lesotho and Zimbabwe
- 'Shows I'm doing the right things' - Nathan Tella admits selection for Super Eagles has given him confidence
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football