AFCON 2019 Top Scorer Is Back; Bursapor's Shehu, AIK's Obasi, Heracles' Dessers StrikePublished: September 15, 2019
Odion Ighalo made his first competitive appearance for Shanghai Shenhua since May 10 as they suffered a 3-0 loss at the hands of Tianjin Teda in a Chinese Super League match staged at the Hongkou Stadium on Sunday.
The 2019 Africa Cup of Nations top scorer with five goals sustained a hamstring injury against Tunisia in the third place playoff and had been undergoing rehabilitation before he was cleared by Shanghai Shenhua medics to return to action.
Ighalo replaced Italy international Stephan El Shaarawy ten minutes into the second half.
In the Turkish First League, another Nigerian player who suffered an injury at the AFCON in Abdullahi Shehu is now as fit as a fiddle and helped Bursaspor record a 3-1 victory against Osmanlıspor.
Playing his fourth game of the new season, the versatile right back struck in the 27th minute to open the scoring.
Former Nigeria international Chinedu Obasi is back among the goals, scoring in the 26th minute of AIK's 2-1 win at BK Hacken.
The striker last found the net in the Swedish Allsvenskan against Sirius back in July 2019.
In the Dutch Eredivisie, Super Eagles hopeful Cyriel Dessers took his tally for the season to three goals after scoring a first half brace for Heracles in their 4-1 rout of Willem II.
Football News 24/7
- Olympiakos-Linked Striker Onyekuru Reveals His Preferred Destination
- Why Manchester United's Fastest Player Is Perfect For Nigeria Youth Teams
- Official : Two Nigerian Youngsters To Depart Norwich City At The End Of June
- Lille Target Mexico Whizkid As Replacement For Chelsea, Arsenal-Linked Osimhen
- 'He Might Go To Celtic' - Scottish Champions Backed To Sign Nigeria-Eligible Winger
- Ex-Tottenham Hotspur Boss Redknapp Reacts To Rumours Linking Him To Super Eagles Job
- 'It Was Very Scary For Me' - Leicester's Ndidi On Stepping Into The Shoes Of Kante
- Iwobi Names One Player Who Can Take Ighalo's Role In Eagles; Reacts To Rohr's New Deal
- Bundesliga Wrap MD 28 : Awoniyi Starts; Ehizibue Subbed Out; Collins, Uduokhai Shine; Torunarigha Booked; Lookman Features
- SC Heerenveen Turn Down Eight Million Euros Bid From Chinese Club For Ejuke
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football