Real Reason Why Prolific Arsenal Striker Balogun Was Absent Vs Cambridge UnitedPublished: November 06, 2019
Arsenal's Nigeria starlet Folarin Balogun faces a spell on the sidelines after suffering an ankle injury in a training session last week, it has been revealed.
The prolific striker has lit up the Premier League two this season, contributing to eleven goals in just nine league games for the club's reserves but will now be out of action for six to eight weeks.
It is understood that Balogun is on the cusp of making his senior debut for Arsenal before the mishap, as he has trained with the senior team on a number of occasions this season and was named amongst the substitutes during the Gunners 5-0 win over Nottingham Forest in the League Cup in September.
Due to his affliction, the 18-year-old missed his team's 3-1 win over Tottenham U-23s last weekend and also the shootout victory over Cambridge United in the Leasing.Com Trophy yesterday.
Regarded as the most talented goalscorer in the Gunners youth set-up, Balogun has been likened to the club's first team star Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang due to the similarities in their playing styles.
He has played for the youth teams of England and United States, and has not ruled out pledging his international future to the Super Eagles.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- 'Osimhen Has A Big Opportunity To Move To An EPL Club' - Rohr On Chelsea, Tottenham Target
- Former Manchester City Midfielder Not Joining Faroese Champions KI Klaksvik
- 'Kanu Spoke To My Dad' - English-Born Tottenham Young Star Open To Representing Nigeria
- Kayserispor's Uzodinma Eyes Dream Move To Chelsea, Hails Role Model Kante
- Marcus Rashford Congratulates Ighalo On Signing New Manchester United Loan Deal
- Keep Or Sell : Former Chelsea Defender Aina Has Thirteen Games To Prove Himself
- 'We Like Him' - Rohr Hints At Call-Up For Liverpool's Ex-England U20 World Cup-Winning Midfielder
- Official : Manchester United Wrap Up Nigerian Striker Loan Extension
- Rohr Using Technology To Monitor Fitness Of Super Eagles Goalkeeper Uzoho
- Rohr Reveals What May Delay Ehizibue's Super Eagles Debut; Confident Of Luring QPR Stars
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football