'He Does 100 Percent Of The Sessions' - Lille Coach Assures Osimhen Is Fit Pre-MarseillePublished: February 14, 2020
Victor Osimhen is in contention to be included in Lille's starting line-up against Marseille on Sunday after suffering an injury scare in the closing minutes of the 2-0 win at Angers SCO.
Lille coach Christophe Galtier revealed at Friday's pre-match press conference that it was a minor case of cramps and the Nigeria international is training normally with the rest of his teammates.
"Victor trains normally, he does 100% of the sessions. He ended up with a cramp (in Angers)," Galtier explained to reporters.
"As he is a young player, he is still discovering his body. He had felt pain a few minutes before and we had decided to replace him.
"And on his last action, he got down on the ground feeling sharp pain, but it was just a cramp. Now he knows what it is."
A summer signing from Sporting Charleroi, Osimhen is Lille's top scorer in all competitions with 17 goals, including 12 in the Ligue 1.
Photo Credit : losc.fr
Football News 24/7
- 'We Will Certainly Miss Dennis' - Club Brugge Defender, Coach Rue Absence Of Nigeria Striker Vs Man Utd
- Official : Russian Club FC Tambov Finally Confirm Signing Of Teenage Nigerian Striker
- 'We Don't Want To Lose Him Again' - Leicester Boss Latest Update On Ndidi Is Good News For Nigeria
- Nigerian Winger Bukayo Saka Meteoric Rise to Arsenal First-Team
- Chelsea, Man Utd, Everton, 22 Other Clubs Monitor Super Eagles Star, Liverpool Loanee Vs Braga
- Manchester United Coach Reckons Dennis Will Be A Big Miss For Club Brugge
- Former Netherlands International Urges Eredivisie Top Scorer To Join Glasgow Celtic
- Three Nigerian Young Stars Train With Arsenal First Team Pre-Olympiakos
- Stoke City Loanee Etebo Will Not Make European Debut For Getafe This Season
- Lacazette Labels Saka 'The Best Young Player In The Premier League'
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football