'He Does 100 Percent Of The Sessions' - Lille Coach Assures Osimhen Is Fit Pre-MarseillePublished: February 14, 2020
Victor Osimhen is in contention to be included in Lille's starting line-up against Marseille on Sunday after suffering an injury scare in the closing minutes of the 2-0 win at Angers SCO.
Lille coach Christophe Galtier revealed at Friday's pre-match press conference that it was a minor case of cramps and the Nigeria international is training normally with the rest of his teammates.
"Victor trains normally, he does 100% of the sessions. He ended up with a cramp (in Angers)," Galtier explained to reporters.
"As he is a young player, he is still discovering his body. He had felt pain a few minutes before and we had decided to replace him.
"And on his last action, he got down on the ground feeling sharp pain, but it was just a cramp. Now he knows what it is."
A summer signing from Sporting Charleroi, Osimhen is Lille's top scorer in all competitions with 17 goals, including 12 in the Ligue 1.
Photo Credit : losc.fr
Football News 24/7
- 12 Goals In 13 Games: Valmiera's Arokodare Continues Scoring Spree With First Career Hat-trick
- QPR Ahead Of Middlesbrough In Race For Tottenham Hotspur's Super Eagles-Eligible Midfielder
- Eagles Could Miss Out On QPR's Eze After Failing To Meet Asking Price For Playmaker
- No UYL Football For Exciting Nigerian Prospects Despite Fulham Crowned U18 PL South Champions
- Talented Nigerian Winger Who Models His Game After Iwobi Signs New Arsenal Contract
- Anjorin Stays Back In England As 23 Chelsea Players Land In Germany Pre-Bayern Munich
- 'There Have Been Greats Here Like Maradona, Cavani, Higuain' - Osimhen On Napoli Move
- Official : Former West Ham Schoolboy Emmanuel Joins Newly Relegated Hull City
- Three Nigerian Youngsters In Line To Debut For Manchester United In PL2 Division One Next Season
- 'He's Almost The Definition Of YPOTY Winner' - English Pundit Stunned Saka Was Overlooked For Award
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football