Manchester United Coach Reckons Dennis Will Be A Big Miss For Club BruggePublished: February 26, 2020
Manchester United coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reckons that Emmanuel Dennis will be a big miss for Club Brugge in tomorrow's Europa League round of 32, second leg tie at Old Trafford.
The Nigeria international and captain Ruud Vormer have not traveled with the squad to Manchester owing to injuries.
Dennis has been one of Club Brugge's most influential players in European competitions this season, featuring in all their eleven matches including ten starts.
The 22-year-old proved a handful for the Manchester United defenders in ninety minutes of action in the first leg and opened the scoring by lobbing goalkeeper Romero, assisted by his own goalkeeper Simon Mignolet.
He announced himself to the world by netting a brace against Real Madrid in a Champions League game back in October.
In Wednesday's pre-match press conference, Solskjaer was asked to comment on Brugge missing three key players and the Norwegian replied : "We need to play against 11 players, so it might change. If Vormer and Dennis are injured it does something to them. I know Krépin Diatta is back in, he is the most exciting player. He is fit I understand, he might be a handful for Luke."
Two Nigerian strikers in the shape of Odion Ighalo and David Okereke are in contention to play tomorrow's match, with the former Super Eagles star training with the United squad on Wednesday and the Club Brugge man already in Manchester with his Belgian team.
Photo Credit : clubbrugge.be
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal Battling Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester United, Spanish & Italian Clubs For Super Eagles Star?
- Club Brugge's Dennis Now The 3rd Most Valuable Player In Belgium, Ranked 5th Among Nigerians
- Leicester City Have Not Received An Official Approach From Barcelona Over Ndidi
- Coronavirus : Super Eagles Star Kalu Gets Permission From Bordeaux To Return To Nigeria
- 'Even If He's Nigeria Coach, He Still Has Ties With Girondins' - Rohr Named Among Top 5 Legendary Bordeaux Players
- Van Vossen's Ajax Best XI : Finidi In But Five Nigerians Miss Out Including Kanus, Oliseh
- Mourinho's Best XI He Has Coached : The Four Nigerian Stars Snubbed By Portuguese Super Coach
- Ex-Spurs Coach Pochettino Watched Arsenal Striker Balogun Score Brace Vs Manchester City U23
- The Three Biggest Losers From The Coronavirus Pandemic Fallout In Super Eagles
- Players Who Have Earned 20 Caps Or More While Chelsea Players : Four Nigerians Among 62 Players
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football