14-year-old striker of Nigerian descent scores on competitive debut for Arsenal youth teamPublished: May 04, 2021
Promising striker of Nigerian descent Ethan Chidiebere Nwaneri lived up to the hype as one of the most talented players at the Hale End Academy after scoring on his competitive debut for Arsenal youth teams.
The 14-year-old was named in the starting lineup in Tuesday evening's U18 Premier League clash against Reading at Arsenal Youth Academy (Walthamstow, London), while Kelvin Ehibhatiomhan started in attack for the visitors.
The Arsenal squad was made up of only schoolboys with seven players making their debuts at this level, and this saw the likes of goalkeeper Ovie Ejeheri, Zach Awe, Daniel Oyegoke, Mazeed Ogungbo, Nathan Butler-Oyedeji and Joel Ideho rested.
Ehibhatiomhan halved the deficit to 2-1 after first-half strikes from Arsenal duo Gower and Richards.
Two minutes from time, Nwaneri made it 5-1 after he was set up by Aaron Bennett.
Former Manchester City starlet Henry Timi Davies, who will be among the new intake of Arsenal's academy scholars for the beginning of next season, was not involved against Reading.
Arsenal's final home game of the season is against Aston Villa on Saturday before a derby against Chelsea on the final day of the regular season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Racing Genk demanding 30m euros if two-time Italian champions want to sign Onuachu
- What Iheanacho and Ndidi said after Leicester City's FA Cup win against Chelsea
- Southampton coach labels Super Eagles target 'biggest talent we have' after first EPL goal, assist
- Onuachu scores again, Dessers ends long wait for goal as Racing Genk beat Anderlecht
- Ndidi and Iheanacho hailed by ex-Man Utd striker after Leicester's FA Cup win vs Chelsea
- Leicester City hero : Vardy will be happy Iheanacho is scoring from his assists
- CD Feirense proud of Marcus' inclusion in Super Eagles provisional squad for friendly vs Cameroon
- UEFA Announces New Venue for the Champions League Final
- Nigeria captain named in Barcelona squad to face Chelsea in Women's Champions League final
- Millwall, QPR, Bristol City, Charlton considering move for Arsenal-reared Super Eagles hopeful
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football