Napoli manager Luciano Spalletti is sweating over the fitness of Victor Osimhen before his side's final league game of the season against Spezia.
The Napoli players were back at the Konami Training Centre on Thursday morning, before the trip to Liguria, but the Nigeria international was missing from the session.
Napoli have informed through their official website that Osimhen didn't train as he was feeling unwell.
The 23-year-old trained in the gym on Wednesday, while majority of his teammates were involved in training games and possession drills.
He spent approximately two months on the sidelines after sustaining fractures to his cheekbone during the Serie A clash against Inter Milan on November 21 - an injury that contributed to him pulling out of Nigeria's roster for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.
Osimhen has bagged nine goals in fifteen appearances in the top-flight since returning to action against Bologna on January 17.
The tie against Spezia is a dead rubber clash, given that Napoli have already qualified for next season's Champions League and will finish in third position win or lose on Sunday.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria-eligible duo miss out on Arsenal training camp in Herzogenaurach
- Official : Ex-Chelsea midfielder of Nigerian descent signs scholarship deal with Fulham
- Official : SV Wehen Wiesbaden sign ex-Hamburg, Schalke youth teamer Ezeh
- Watford's Super Eagles GK likes Man Utd post confirming signing of Feyenoord fullback
- Former Chelsea star Moses reports for pre-season training at Spartak Moscow
- WAFCON : Three best and worst performers in Nigeria's defeat to South Africa
- 'He's a top level player' - Rangers icon understands why Southampton are interested in Nigeria star
- Significant update emerges on future of two Super Eagles stars and Nigeria U23 intl at Watford
- Opinion : Two English clubs that could benefit from signing Chelsea legend Mikel
- 'If we can do that' - 2019 Flying Eagles invitee targets promotion with Sheffield Wednesday
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football