Famous Russian football pundit Georgy Cherdantsev considers Victor Moses the best foreigner in the Russian Premier League and has underlined that the former Nigeria international previously represented two strong European clubs Chelsea and Inter Milan before switching to Spartak Moscow.
Moses has started the new Russian Premier League season on fire, netting in two consecutive matches in the division.
The 2017 Premier League winner with Chelsea netted a Goal of the Season contender in the opening round of matches against Akhmat Grozny, and then got on the scoresheet again as Spartak Moscow registered an impressive 4-1 road win over Krasnodar on Saturday, July 23.
Cherdantsev believes Moses is better than Zenit St. Petersburg's Brazilian stars including Douglas Santos, Wendel, Malcolm, Claudinho and Rodrigão.
Spartak's Spanish football tactician Guillermo Abascal has realized that Moses offers more offensively than he does in defense and tweaked his formation to accommodate the Nigerian in attack, and it has paid dividends.
Speaking to Match TV, Cherdantsev said : "(Antonio) Conte moved him to the flank for tactical reasons in a formation with three centre-backs.
"Chelsea and Inter had high-class defensive midfielders who could work for Moses from behind. By and large, he mainly participated in attacking actions there.
"It was not clear to me why the previous Spartak coaches also saw Moses on the flank, where he spent extra strength.
"Abascal moved him to the attack, saved him from having to plow in defense, and it worked. It's strange that (Paolo) Vanoli and (Rui) Vitoria didn't do it sooner."
He added : "Moses stands out against the background of not only Spartak players, but the entire championship. Especially with the current recruitment of foreigners.
"Moses played for Chelsea and Inter - two of the strongest clubs in the world, there are no more such players in the RPL now.
"In his experience, he surpasses even Zenit Brazilians. In my opinion, Moses is the most respectable RPL foreigner."
Moses spent nine years at Chelsea, scoring 18 goals in 128 all-competition appearances while providing thirteen assists.
Photo Credit : spartak.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nottingham Forest linked with move for another Super Eagles winger
- 2022 FIFA U20 Women's World Cup : Five observations from Nigeria's 1-0 win against France
- U20 WWC Falconets player ratings : Demehin leader, Oyono commanding, Oshobukola technical
- France 0 Nigeria 1 : Sabastine goal earns Falconets late win over The Little Blues
- Official : Burnley newbie Tella allocated shirt number he wore at Southampton
- Arsenal legend references Moses as he backs Ryan Sessegnon to flourish as a wing-back
- Confirmed : Anglo-Spanish-Nigerian midfielder signs new deal with Crystal Palace
- Highly-rated Southampton attacking midfielder confirms move to Chelsea youth team
- The Nigeria star who would be a perfect replacement for Barcelona-bound Chelsea LB Alonso
- Why Southgate's visit to Chelsea Training Ground should be a wake-up call to Nigeria
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football