Former Chelsea winger Victor Moses has broken his silence after suffering a serious injury during the first half of Spartak Moscow's 2-0 win against Ural on matchday four in the Russian Premier League on Saturday, August 6.
Spartak Moscow have confirmed that the 2017 English Premier League winner is set to go under the knife and will be out of action for six months.
Moses left the stadium in Yekaterinburg on crutches and his right leg was in a brace.
The 31-year-old, who has been diagnosed with an Achilles tendon injury, is understandably devastated to be out for the foreseeable future, but has vowed to bounce back stronger.
Writing on Twitter, Moses said : "Devastated to have suffered an injury in the game at the weekend.I will be doing all I can to recover and get back fully fit as quickly as possible to help the team.
"Thank you so much to everyone at the club and all of the fans for your fantastic support.I’ll be back stronger."
Devastated to have suffered an injury in the game at the weekend.I will be doing all I can to recover and get back fully fit as quickly as possible to help the team 💪🏿thank you so much to everyone at the club and all of the fans for your fantastic support.I’ll be back stronger 🙏🏿 pic.twitter.com/JYHhf6gxEu— Victor Moses (@VictorMoses) August 9, 2022
Moses had played four times this season before the ailment, netting in his first two games against Akhmat Grozny and Krasnodar.
Given the length of his layoff, this is the most serious injury Moses has suffered in his professional career.
If his rehabilitation goes according to plan, he could be back in action in Spartak Moscow's first game after the winter break, against Ural on March 4, 2023.
Photo Credit : spartak.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- Chelsea hand UYL debut to promising striker Mendel-Idowu against Eletu's AC Milan
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football