'Devastated' - Chelsea old boy Moses breaks silence after suffering Achilles tendon injuryPublished: August 09, 2022
Former Chelsea winger Victor Moses has broken his silence after suffering a serious injury during the first half of Spartak Moscow's 2-0 win against Ural on matchday four in the Russian Premier League on Saturday, August 6.
Spartak Moscow have confirmed that the 2017 English Premier League winner is set to go under the knife and will be out of action for six months.
Moses left the stadium in Yekaterinburg on crutches and his right leg was in a brace.
The 31-year-old, who has been diagnosed with an Achilles tendon injury, is understandably devastated to be out for the foreseeable future, but has vowed to bounce back stronger.
Writing on Twitter, Moses said : "Devastated to have suffered an injury in the game at the weekend.I will be doing all I can to recover and get back fully fit as quickly as possible to help the team.
"Thank you so much to everyone at the club and all of the fans for your fantastic support.I’ll be back stronger."
Devastated to have suffered an injury in the game at the weekend.I will be doing all I can to recover and get back fully fit as quickly as possible to help the team 💪🏿thank you so much to everyone at the club and all of the fans for your fantastic support.I’ll be back stronger 🙏🏿 pic.twitter.com/JYHhf6gxEu— Victor Moses (@VictorMoses) August 9, 2022
Moses had played four times this season before the ailment, netting in his first two games against Akhmat Grozny and Krasnodar.
Given the length of his layoff, this is the most serious injury Moses has suffered in his professional career.
If his rehabilitation goes according to plan, he could be back in action in Spartak Moscow's first game after the winter break, against Ural on March 4, 2023.
Photo Credit : spartak.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He's done okay' - Former Aston Villa striker urges Everton to cash in on Iwobi
- Lille ahead of Burnley in race for Gift Orban but Gent playing hardball over striker's transfer
- Official: FC Cincinnati sign Aghedo until end of the season plus club options
- Official: Bournemouth release 19yo winger of Nigerian descent
- Confirmed: Schalke 04 will not sign former Celtic defender Jenz on a full deal
- CIES report suggests Manchester United and Chelsea target Osimhen is valued at N38.1b
- Chukwueze's link with Real Madrid: Is Villarreal winger a better than option than Rodrygo?
- Southampton and Brighton join Crystal Palace in race to sign Chelsea's Nigerian defender
- Cremonese set asking price of N4b for Rangers target Dessers
- Bologna-owned striker names Ajax CB Bassey as the toughest opponent he faced last season
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football