The Super Falcons extended their losing streak to five straight games after suffering a 2-0 defeat at the hands of 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup champions, Japan in the team's latest preparatory friendly game at the Noevir stadium in Kobe ahead of the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand.
The Falcons had on October played twice against the USA national side as the team intensify preparations for the Women's World Cup.
The Falcons held the Japanese in the first half with some excellent play but capitulated in the second half.
Peace Efih came off the substitutes bench to replace Ngozi Okobi with almost an hour on the clock.
The Falcons went two goals down within four minutes in the second half.
Mina Tanaka opened the scoring in the 64th minute after a free kick was floated into the box by Naomoto and grabbed a second of the game four minutes later when she converted a spot kick after Ohale Osimachi fouled a Japanese player.
Super Falcons goalkeeper Chiamaka Nnadozie made a vital save in the 73rd minute after a defensive mix up almost gifted the Japanese ladies a third goal.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football