'Always in the right place' - Italy legend Francesco Totti considers Osimhen best striker Serie APublished: December 16, 2022
Italy and AS Roma legend Francesco Totti has explained why he considers Victor Osimhen the best striker in the Serie A.
Totti was a remarkable goalscorer throughout his career and was a key member of the Italy squad that won the World Cup in 2006.
Osimhen is having a wonderful season at Napoli, scoring nine goals in eleven appearances to lead the Serie A scoring charts, and also got on the scoresheet in a Champions League match against Ajax Amsterdam.
Widely regarded as one of the best players in the world aged 23 and under, Osimhen earned rave reviews for his brilliant goal in a recent friendly against Crystal Palace.
This season, the 2015 U17 World Cup winner has been able to play to his strengths, which are his aerial prowess, physicality and pace.
Outlining the virtues of Osimhen, Totti said on BepiTV1 via Il Napolista : "The strongest striker in Serie A? In my opinion it is Osimhen . First because he scores, when the ball falls to him he scores..
"And then he makes himself available to the team. He is always in the right place at the right time"
Osimhen's brilliant form this season has not gone unnoticed, with the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea reportedly tracking the striker with a view to a swoop next summer.
The Super Eagle won the Emerging Player Of The Year at the Globe Soccer Awards in Dubai, beating Barcelona and Real Madrid midfielders Gavi and Federico Valverde.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
- Chukwueze finally opens his AC Milan account in defeat against Borussia Dortmund
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football