'He'll be one of the best midfielders on our planet' - Peseiro compliments Argentina World Cup starPublished: December 16, 2022
Nigeria manager Jose Peseiro has pointed out that Benfica's rising star Enzo Fernández.has the potential to become one of the best midfielders in the world after watching him shine for Argentina at the ongoing World Cup in Qatar.
The 21-year-old is also having an outstanding season at Benfica, starting 24 matches before the World Cup break.
He is predominantly a central midfielder but can also play as a box-to-box midfielder, and contributes in the attacking third.
Peseiro noted that Fernández could earn himself a move to a much bigger club in the near future.
The Argentina number 24 is already being linked with a transfer to Premier League giants Liverpool after putting himself in the shop window at the World Cup.
"He's really a great player. It's not easy, at the age of 21, to play as he has played so far at Benfica. There are players who have the same position as him, but who just pass the ball without much risk. Not Enzo, he makes tremendous passes.
"In other words, he is a 6 that is also an 8 and a 10. He is a player who fills spaces very easily and always plays with great quality. It is evident that he is a great player.
"I don't know how much longer he will play in Portugal. At the age of 21, he already plays what he plays, if things are normal and he doesn't have injuries, I have no doubt that he will be one of the best midfielders on our planet," Peseiro said in an interview with Antena 1, via A Bola.
Fernández scored a brilliant goal in Argentina's 2-0 win over Mexico at the World Cup, curling into the top corner in the 87th minute, and provided an assist in the win against Poland.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria squad announcement: Man City-reared midfielder; Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal products called up
- La Liga club Valencia send message of support to exciting Tottenham defender Udogie after racist abuse
- Peseiro handed boost pre-Saudi Arabia as Fenerbahce defender returns to action
- Six games without scoring: Gent coach highlights Gift Orban's struggles in front of goal in recent weeks
- 'He's good but Osimhen is better' - Transfer insider urges Arsenal to prioritise signing of Nigerian over Toney
- Key stat shows dogged Tottenham left-back Udogie is the dirtiest player in the Premier League this season
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football