Tosin benched in Fulham's defeat to Tottenham amid links with Monaco, top Euro clubsPublished: January 23, 2023
Tosin Adarabioyo was a non-playing substitute for Fulham as they suffered a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Tottenham Hotspur in a Premier League clash at Craven Cottage on Monday night.
The Manchester City academy product has struggled for playing time since October having made three starts from a possible twelve in the Premier League.
Although Fulham activated the option in Tosin's contract earlier this month, he has been linked with a departure from the Cottagers in recent days.
Italian transfer market expert Fabrizio Romano has claimed that the Anglo-Nigerian has chances to leave Fulham during the January transfer window, adding that several top European clubs including Monaco are monitoring the situation of the center back.
Tosin remained rooted to the bench as Issa Diop and Tim Ream were paired in central defence for the entirety of the London derby against Tottenham Hotspur.
England captain Harry Kane won the game for Tottenham, equaling Jimmy Greaves' record as Tottenham's all-time top scorer with his 266th goal for the club.
Two minutes into first half stoppage time, Kane hit a curler into the bottom corner to hand Tottenham Hotspur all three points and their first Premier League double of the season.
Fulham pushed and shoved as they searched for an equalizer but Spurs defended very well and held on to victory.
Spurs' win over Fulham took them to within three points of the Champions League places having played a game more than Manchester United and Newcastle United.
Photo Credit : fulhamfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Flying Eagles-eligible player among young talents called up to train with Arsenal first team pre-Aston Villa
- To start or not to start against Liverpool? Crystal Palace manager to make late decision on Olise
- Pictured: Man Utd coach promotes two teenagers of Nigerian descent to first team training pre-Bournemouth
- Super Eagles GK crisis: Peseiro lands in South Africa to run the rule over Chippa United star
- Iwobi joins Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool stars in Premier League TOTW for gameweek 15
- 'I don’t have answers to' - Saudi PL chief Emenalo admits he doesn't know why Messi ended up in MLS
- 'Don't focus on the mistakes' - Arsenal Invincible Gilberto Silva gives advice to Nwaneri
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee battles Tottenham and Man Utd starlets, 5 others for PL2 Player of the Month
- 'Back like I never left' - Fulham centre-back Tosin happy to make first PL start since May 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football