Glasgow Rangers beat PSV Eindhoven to sign 2023 Flying Eagles inviteePublished: February 24, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report with certainty that Scottish Premiership giants Glasgow Rangers are on the brink of confirming the signing of 2023 Flying Eagles invitee Thompson Ishaka.
The Riverlane Football Academy Enugu product has already put pen to paper on a deal with Rangers and only an official confirmation is pending from the club.
Ishaka was offered a deal by Rangers after his impressive performances whilst on trial last summer but the deal could not be completed because he had not yet attained the age of majority.
Rangers have pulled off a massive transfer coup by luring the 2004-born striker to G51 2XD as he was courted by a plethora of top European clubs before he opted for the Light Blues over his other suitors.
Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven were pushing to sign him, while Chelsea and Manchester City were mulling over inviting him for trials with a view to a potential swoop.
Everything is pointing to the fact that Ishaka will begin his Rangers career with the B Team.
He was in the Rangers U19 squad that traveled to Morocco this week to compete in the fifth edition of the Mohammed VI Football Academy Tournament.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- WAFCONQ: Five observations from Super Falcons come-from-behind win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2: Super-sub Okoronkwo, Ajibade on target in come-from-behind win
- Bayer Leverkusen coach hints at strike partner for 'strong and technically excellent' Boniface
- 10 players including 3 invited to Nigeria national teams in the past in the running for Crystal Palace GOTM
- The top-rated Nigerian players in the Premier Leagues of Europe
- 'We know he's a very good player' - West Brom boss explains why Super Eagles striker is not starting games
- Houston Dynamo decline contract option for two Nigerian-born players; ex-Flying Eagles star Aliyu retained
- Dapo Afolayan: Exciting winger who learned his trade at Chelsea commits international future to Nigeria
- 'If they are called up, they will go' - Bayer chief confirms Boniface and Tella will be released to NFF for AFCON
- AFCON 2023: Should Rangers defender Leon Balogun be recalled to the national team?
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football