Adana Demirspor president slams Onyekuru for fraternizing with Galatasaray players after lossPublished: April 02, 2023
Super Eagles star Henry Onyekuru has been criticized for his indifferent reaction after his team, Adana Demirspor lost to Galatasaray in the Super Lig fixture between both sides on Saturday.
Onyekuru was in action for 85 minutes and was helpless as Adana Demirspor suffered their fifth loss of the season to the table toppers courtesy of late goals from Fredrik Midtsjø and Nicolo Zaniolo.
The winger who is currently on loan at Adana Demirspor was caught on camera chit-chatting and laughing with his former teammates at Galatasaray.
He enjoyed three different loan spells with Galatasaray, the first being in the 2018/2019 season where he helped them to a league title and subsequently for the second half of the 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 seasons
Overall, Onyekuru appeared in 71 matches for Galatasaray and was on target twenty two times while registering twelve assists.
Adana Demirspor's president Murat Sancak President, speaking about Onyekuru's behavior after his team's loss said: "I do not approve of Henry Onyekuru's actions. He ate the brush anyway. If you play for Adana Demirspor, you cannot do these movements in front of the cameras after a game we lost."
Onyekuru has scored 6 goals and registered 2 assists this season but has failed to score in his last 7 games for the Blue Lightnings.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- Premier League new boys Luton Town considering transfer swoop for Nigerian striker
- FC Basel show the exit door to youth team captain Uruejoma
- Gent goal machine Gift Orban is most valuable player in Belgium, Boniface joint-seventh
- Opinion: Why Super Eagles coach Peseiro dropped Moffi from AFCONQ squad
- Tottenham join Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City in race for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football