Osimhen's replacement : Napoli eye move for Cobham product who was courted by NFFPublished: April 22, 2023
Serie A champions in waiting, Napoli have reportedly started preparing for life without their leading scorer Victor Osimhen.
According to Italian sports daily, Corriere dello Sport via Tutto Napoli, Napoli recruitment team has identified Chelsea's Cobham product Tammy Abraham as a potential replacement for Osimhen in the event that the Super Eagles star departs the Diego Maradona Stadium in the summer.
Born to Nigerian parents, Abraham was heavily courted by former Nigeria Football Federation president Amaju Pinnick before he became cap-tied to his country of birth, England.
Abraham is admired by Napoli's sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli, but the AS Roma star is not the only striker being followed by The Blues as they also have Atalanta's Rasmus Højlund and Union Saint-Gilloise's Victor Boniface on the radar, the report claimed.
Allnigeriasoccer.com has been told that Boniface is unlikely to move to the Serie A as the player and his camp have not been directly approached by teams in Italy.
Abraham ended a seventeen-year association with Chelsea in 2021 before joining Roma on a permanent deal.
Since his arrival in Italy, the 25-year-old has mustered 35 goals in 96 appearances for the Yellow and Reds.
Osimhen, who has two years left on his Napoli contract, is attracting interest from Manchester United, Chelsea, Bayern Munich and PSG ahead of the reopening of the transfer window.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- Premier League new boys Luton Town considering transfer swoop for Nigerian striker
- FC Basel show the exit door to youth team captain Uruejoma
- Gent goal machine Gift Orban is most valuable player in Belgium, Boniface joint-seventh
- Opinion: Why Super Eagles coach Peseiro dropped Moffi from AFCONQ squad
- Tottenham join Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City in race for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football