Victor Boniface reveals he supported Arsenal, Barcelona as a child; idolises NeymarPublished: May 03, 2023
Royale Union Saint-Gilloise attacker Victor Boniface has revealed that he supported Arsenal and Barcelona while growing up, but is now rooting for Paris Saint-Germain F.C because they have Brazilian icon Neymar in their ranks.
Boniface has been tipped for a summer transfer on the back of his impressive performances since landing in Belgium from Norwegian club Bodo/Glimt.
His form this season has been spectacular, having registered 30 goal involvements (20 goals, 10 assists) in 49 appearances in all competitions for both Union SG and Bodo/Glimt.
In addition, he is the joint highest goalscorer in the Europa League with six goals, along with Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford.
When asked what he does in his spare time, Boniface said to Het Nieuwsblad : "Then I watch videos on the internet. As a child I was a fan of Arsenal and FC Barcelona.
"Now I choose PSG. Because of Neymar. (jokes) If he would sign for Anderlecht, I would support them."
It is understood that clubs based in Spain, Germany, England and France are monitoring the situation of Boniface, who is contracted to Royale Union Saint-Gilloise until June 30, 2026.
Reacting to speculation linking him with a departure from Union SG, Boniface said : "I am also not aware of all those rumors – I do not understand French or Dutch. It's work for my agent. He is a professional and will update me if there is anything concrete.
"Now I only think about one thing: becoming champion with Union."
Boniface joined Union SG from Bodø/Glimt in August 2022 for a fee of two million euros but his stock has risen and at least a fee of ten million euros would be needed to prize him away from the Jupiler Pro League side in the summer.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- Premier League new boys Luton Town considering transfer swoop for Nigerian striker
- FC Basel show the exit door to youth team captain Uruejoma
- Gent goal machine Gift Orban is most valuable player in Belgium, Boniface joint-seventh
- Opinion: Why Super Eagles coach Peseiro dropped Moffi from AFCONQ squad
- Tottenham join Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City in race for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football