Flying Eagles invitee Eletu continues brilliant form with another goal involvement for AC Milan U19Published: May 17, 2023
Flying Eagles invitee Victor Eletu is enjoying a strong end to the season with AC Milan's Primavera squad.
The central midfielder is the only player yet to link up with the Flying Eagles squad in Argentina, four days before their FIFA U20 World Cup opener against Dominican Republic.
Wearing the number 22 jersey, Eletu started for the Rossoneri U19s as they registered a 3-0 road win over Hellas Verona in their antepenultimate Campionato Primavera 1 match of the 2022-2023 season.
The 18-year-old provided the assist for Milan's second goal in the 64th minute when his pass was converted by Simić following a corner.
To AC Milan's advantage, Eletu has been in red hot form of late, registering three goal involvements in his last four matches in the Campionato Primavera 1, helping the Rossoneri pick up eight points from an available twelve in the process.
The midfielder's first goal involvement in the division was against Atalanta on May 3, and then nine days later opened his goalscoring account in an important match against city rivals Inter Milan, followed by his assist today at Verona.
Nigeria U20 head coach Ladan Bosso is confident that Eletu can be the X-factor player for the Flying Eagles at the World Cup and gave him the number 10 shirt.
Photo Credit : acmilan.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- WAFCONQ: Five observations from Super Falcons come-from-behind win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2: Super-sub Okoronkwo, Ajibade on target in come-from-behind win
- Bayer Leverkusen coach hints at strike partner for 'strong and technically excellent' Boniface
- 10 players including 3 invited to Nigeria national teams in the past in the running for Crystal Palace GOTM
- The top-rated Nigerian players in the Premier Leagues of Europe
- 'We know he's a very good player' - West Brom boss explains why Super Eagles striker is not starting games
- Houston Dynamo decline contract option for two Nigerian-born players; ex-Flying Eagles star Aliyu retained
- Dapo Afolayan: Exciting winger who learned his trade at Chelsea commits international future to Nigeria
- 'If they are called up, they will go' - Bayer chief confirms Boniface and Tella will be released to NFF for AFCON
- AFCON 2023: Should Rangers defender Leon Balogun be recalled to the national team?
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football