2023 AFCONQ: The three biggest winners from Super Eagles 6-0 win against Sao Tome and PrincipePublished: September 11, 2023
The Super Eagles finished their 2023 AFCON Qualifying campaign in a grand style, getting a 6-0 victory over São Tomé and Príncipe.
While all the players had a good day in the office, there were players whose places in the team have been threatened recently but stood out in yesterday's encounter.
Below are the three players who must have left an impression on José Peseiro after the encounter with the Isalnd Nation.
1. Wilfred Ndidi: The Leicester City midfielder served as the captain of the team and led by example.
If there was ever any doubt about his place in the starting XI, such must have been dispelled with his majestic performance yesterday albeit against a poor side.
The 26-year-old completed 94% of his passes, had an assist and won 4 of the 5 ground and aerial duels he contested which is a testament to his excellent display.
2. Kelechi Iheanacho: Since being hauled off after the first half in Nigeria's disappointing 1-0 loss to Sierra Leone, the Foxes' forward had not started a game for Nigeria before yesterday.
The Manchester City Academy product was one of the Super Eagles' best players, serving as the creator in chief.
It was his fantastic pass that led to the third goal, finished the game with 88% pass accuracy, 4 key passes made and 1 big chance created.
3. Ademola Lookman: Just like Iheanacho, the former Everton player had not started a game for the Super Eagles since the defeat to Sierra Leone.
The 25-year-old grabbed his chance to impress Peseiro, registering one goal and an assist, completing three key passes and creating one big chance.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Iheanacho scores another penalty for table-topping Leicester; Montpellier's Adams at the double
- Super Eagles forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi crack Ligue 1 Team of the Month
- 'The love for the badge is unwavering'- Osimhen insists he's committed to Napoli amid Chelsea, Man Utd links
- Quick and direct winger signs new contract with Chelsea
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football