Blow for Crystal Palace as 2021 Super Eagles invitee suffers injury setbackPublished: September 22, 2023
Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson has confirmed that 2021 Super Eagles invitee Michael Olise has suffered a setback in his recovery from injury.
Olise picked up a hamstring injury while on international duty with France during the European U21 championship in June which has led to him missing the start of the Premier League.
The 21-year-old played a vital role in the Eagles maintaining their top-flight status last season, particularly under Hodgson who arrived in his second stint at the club in March following the sacking of Patrick Viera.
The South London outfit has succeeded in tying the Super Eagles-eligible winger to a longer-term contract and fighting off interest from Manchester City and Chelsea.
Hodgson during his pre-match conference ahead of Crystal Palace's Premier League game against Alex Iwobi's Fulham at Selhurst Park tomorrow has revealed that Olise's recovery has suffered a blow
In quotes relayed by Football Daily, the English tactician said: "He got himself into a position people thought maybe he could take some part in training and unfortunately that was when there was a slight hiccup."
In his absence, Crystal Palace haven't fared badly, earning 7 points out of a possible 15 from their opening five league games.
Photo Credit: cpfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football