'Saka for them, Destiny for us' - Two Tottenham pundits reveal the key players to watch in north London derbyPublished: September 23, 2023
Arsenal are set to host Ange Postecoglou's Tottenham Hotspur at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday with some of the top stars set to take to the pitch in the biggest game in the Premier League this weekend.
As it stands, both teams have accumulated 13 points after five rounds of matches in the Premier League but Spurs, in second place, are ahead of the Gunners in the table due to their superior goal difference.
Tottenham Hotspur pundits Rob Daly and Ben Haines, writing on the official website of the Lilywhites, believe that the key battle that will decide the north London derby will be on the flank between Arsenal's inverted winger Bukayo Saka and Tottenham's left-back Destiny Udogie.
Saka and Udogie have started the season well with the winger directly participating in seven goals (3 goals, 4 assists) from seven games in all competitions and the defender notching back-to-back assists in his last two away games.
On a tactical level, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur have a chance of hurting each other when they break quickly with Saka and Udogie both offering speed on the counter.
Focusing on individual players, Rob Daly and Haines agree that Saka and Udogie are the two key players to watch in the north London derby.
Rob Daly said: "On the other side, Bukayo Saka vs Destiny Udogie is going to be, possibly, the key match up in the game. That will be absolutely brilliant."
Ben Haines added: "Players to watch this weekend, for Spurs, I'm going with Destiny Udogie. He will have an absolute ding-dong against Bukayo Saka, who I'm going to pick as well, and who looked fantastic in Arsenal's win against PSV in the Champions League and, if truth be told, is just a phenomenal player.
"The nicest way I can put this is that I love watching him play for England. At weekends, it's a different story! He's wonderfully gifted, seems like an incredibly rounded player in terms of goals, assists, the works.
"So, Saka for them, Destiny for us. What a battle that could be with Destiny bombing forward and trying to do everything he can from an attacking point of view, but we also saw last weekend how crucial he is in terms of winning possession - he was the player who won the ball back in the 100th minute, bursting forward, pressing high, and that leads to Deki Kulusevski's winner."
Sunday's north London derby between Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur begins at the Emirates Stadium in London at 1400 hours Nigerian time.
Photo Credit: tottenhamhotspur.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football