Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendlyPublished: October 01, 2023
Nigeria manager Jose Peseiro is sweating over the fitness of Ola Aina ahead of the national team's upcoming friendly against Roberto Mancini's Saudi Arabia, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The fullback was not named in Nottingham Forest's gameday squad for their ongoing Premier League game against Brentford at the City Ground.
Manager Steve Cooper has made three changes to the team that lost 2-0 to Manchester City, one of which sees Aina miss out entirely on the matchday 20.
Explaining the reasons behind some of the changes in the team, Cooper revealed ahead of kickoff that more players in the squad picked up injuries this week.
Nottingham Forest have not revealed the nature of the injury suffered by Aina and did not put a timeframe on his return to action.
It is all but confirmed that Porto star Zaidu Sanusi will not be available for selection against Saudi Arabia as he is recovering from a muscle-related injury while fellow left-back Calvin Bassey has emerged as an injury worry after going off injured in Fulham's Carabao Cup fixture with Norwich City.
West Brom star Semi Ajayi is also not in tiptop condition as he failed a fitness test before the Baggies trip to Preston North End on Saturday, while his teammate Josh Maja is out of action until after the international break in November.
The central defender suffered an ankle injury in the closing minutes of West Brom's goalless draw with Millwall on September 23.
Ola Aina has been assimilated into Nottingham Forest's starting lineup following his summer move, making five starts from six before the visit of Brentford.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football