UEL Qualifiers Wrap: Onuachu, Igboun, Azango, Ogu, Nwakaeme On TargetPublished: August 09, 2018
A round up of the Nigerian players that were on target for their respective clubs in the third qualifying round of the Europa League on Thursday, August 9.
At the Stadion Neftyanik (Ufa), Sylvester Igboun was involved for the entirety of Ufa's 2-1 win against Progrès Niederkorn. The Nigeria international opened the scoring in the 38th minute.
The most eye-catching individual display was from ex-Dream Team striker Paul Onuachu, who notched a brace as Midtjylland claimed a 2-0 win over The New Saints in Wales.
Onuachu gave the visitors a 1-0 lead on nine minutes, then doubled their advantage in the 27th minute, to take his tally to 10 goals in 27 European matches.
Over to the štadión Pod Dubňom (Žilina), Trencin recorded an impressive 4-0 win against Dutch powerhouse Feyenoord, with three young Nigerians in the shape of Reuben Yem, Abdul Zubairu and Philip Azango starting for the Slovak team.
Philip Azango netted for the home team a minute before half-time to give them a 3-0 lead.
Finally, John Ogu and Anthony Nwakaeme featured for 90 minutes as Hapoel Beer Sheva overturned a two-goal deficit to salvage a 2-2 draw against APOEL.
The Super Eagles midfielder started the fightback in the 42nd minute when he fired home a loose ball that fell kindly to him after a corner kick was not properly cleared, before a brilliant volley from Nwakaeme leveled the tie in the 70th minute.
Photo Credit : astrencin.sk
Football News 24/7
- What Rohr Told Pinnick & Co. In London; German, Eagles Stars Reject Ahmadu Bello Stadium
- Arsenal Product Fela Scores For Yeovil Town But Bad News For Teammate Jaiyesimi
- Iheanacho Joins Alexis, Ozil, Bakayoko, Lindelof In Marca's Worst XI of 2018
- Talented Nigerian Youngster Kelechi Wants To Be One Of The Best In The World
- France Youth Team Star Akinjogunla Making Inroads At Toulouse After Promotion
- Wing Wizard Adekanye In Contention To Face Chelsea U23s After Injury Scare, Thanks Arsenal Physios
- Five New Players In Libya Squad To Face Super Eagles, To Take Chartered Flight To Nigeria
- Chelsea Loanee Tomori Reacts After Pocketing Manchester United's Strongest Player
- EFL Cup: Iheanacho Nets Winning Penalty; Ndidi Rested; Ibe Strikes; Nnamdi In 18; Tomori Shines; Olosunde Missing
- Visa Hitch Stops Chelsea Loanee Omeruo From La Liga Debut Against Barcelona
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football