Internationals: Tomori, Abraham, Solanke, Onomah, Eyoma Start For Young Lions; Oko-Flex & Lookman Benched; Nmecha MissingPublished: October 17, 2018
Find out how players eligible to represent Nigeria fared for England's teams on Tuesday.
At Tynecastle, Edinburgh, England U21s, who have already qualified for next summer's European U21 Championship, beat Scotland 2-0 in their last match, with Reiss Nelson and Kieran Dowell scoring in the second half.
Four players of Nigerian descent in the shape of Fikayo Tomori, Josh Onomah, Dominic Solanke and Tammy Abraham started for the Young Lions.
The Tottenham Hotspur loanee played for 71 minutes, Chelsea loanee Abraham subbed out with three minutes left to play, Everton's Ademola Lookman was a non-playing substitute for this one.
England U17s recorded an impressive 3-1 win against Brazil in Telford thanks to goals from Alexander Mighten, Sam Greenwood and Morgan Rogers.
Manager Steve Cooper did not utilize Celtic's Armstrong Oko-Flex off the bench.
Spurs central defender Timothy Eyoma played the entirety of England U19s big 6-2 win against Macedonia at St George’s Park. Manchester City's Felix Nmecha was not in the Young Lions match day squad.
Callum Hudson-Odoi, Stephen Walker (3), Nya Kirby and Tariq Lamptey with the goals for Keith Downing's side.
Photo Credit : thefa.com
Football News 24/7
- Official: Ex-Man City Midfielder Nwakali Parts Company With Rakow Czestochowa By Mutual Consent
- Two Players Of Nigerian Descent Withdraw From England U21 Squad
- 'Leon Balogun Was Injured' - South Africa Dazzler Explains Why They Resorted To Long Balls
- Uganda Announce Match Day Squad For Tuesday's Friendly Against Super Eagles, Star Player Okwi Out
- Chelsea Loanee Ola Aina Will Not Train With Super Eagles Monday, Returns To Italy
- Rohr Names Only Three South Africa Players Who Impressed Him In 1-1 Draw Vs Nigeria
- Rohr Teases South Africans : Not Even Half The Stadium Was Full Against Nigeria
- Internationals: Ogbeta Captain; Balogun Scores; Eyoma Impresses; Saka Cameo; Anjorin, Okonkwo Benched
- Super Eagles Camp Update Pre-Uganda : Omeruo, Balogun Excused From Friendly; Aina Doubtful
- Five Talking Points From Nigeria's Shock Defeat To South Africa In AWCON Opener
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football