EFL : Stoke City's Etebo, Rotherham's Ihiekwe Net Game-Winners; Aston Villa's Abraham, Lincoln City's Akinde StrikePublished: April 06, 2019
Round up of the Nigerian players that were on target in the English Football League on Saturday, April 6.
We start off at Ewood Park in Lancashire, where Stoke City were guests to Blackburn Rovers. The visitors secured all three points thanks to Oghenekaro Etebo's first-half winner.
The Nigeria international fired into the net just inside the area from Ince's cutback in the 13th minute, his second goal for the Potters since joining the club last summer.
At New York Stadium, Rotherham United claimed a 2-1 win against Nottingham Forest.
Central defender Michael Ihiekwe rose highest in the penalty area, before planting a header home on the hour mark to give the Millers a 2-1 lead, which proved to be the winning goal.
Still in the Championship, Aston Villa made it six league wins on the bounce after leaving it late to beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 at Hillsborough.
Chelsea loanee Tammy Abraham slotted home in the fourth minute of stoppage time to seal the win for Aston Villa.
In the League Two, John Akinde got on the scoresheet and provided an assist as Lincoln City earned a 2-0 win at promotion-chasing Milton Keynes Dons.
He converted a spot kick in the 34th minute to take his tally for the season to 17 goals in all competitions this season.
Photo Credit : stokecityfc.com
Football News 24/7
- SD Huesca Confirm Talks With Arsenal Over Signing Of Kelechi Nwakali
- Official : Racing Genk Announce Signing Of Super Eagles Star On Five-Year Deal
- Why Henry Onyekuru Could Become The Next Anthony Martial At Monaco
- Chelsea's Abraham Hails Arsenal Loanee After Brilliant Start To The Season
- Everton Boss Provides Update On Iwobi's Fitness Ahead Of Trip To Aston Villa
- 'What A Talented Young Man' - Reading Star Heaps Praise On Ejaria
- Liverpool Initially Planned To Sell Three Nigerian Players This Summer
- Official : Galatasaray Loan Out Nigeria U20 International Defender
- Official : Experienced Midfielder Kenneth Obodo Joins Italian Club Savona
- Talented Midfielder Miguel Azeez Reveals How He Joined Arsenal
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football