EFL : Stoke City's Etebo, Rotherham's Ihiekwe Net Game-Winners; Aston Villa's Abraham, Lincoln City's Akinde StrikePublished: April 06, 2019
Round up of the Nigerian players that were on target in the English Football League on Saturday, April 6.
We start off at Ewood Park in Lancashire, where Stoke City were guests to Blackburn Rovers. The visitors secured all three points thanks to Oghenekaro Etebo's first-half winner.
The Nigeria international fired into the net just inside the area from Ince's cutback in the 13th minute, his second goal for the Potters since joining the club last summer.
At New York Stadium, Rotherham United claimed a 2-1 win against Nottingham Forest.
Central defender Michael Ihiekwe rose highest in the penalty area, before planting a header home on the hour mark to give the Millers a 2-1 lead, which proved to be the winning goal.
Still in the Championship, Aston Villa made it six league wins on the bounce after leaving it late to beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 at Hillsborough.
Chelsea loanee Tammy Abraham slotted home in the fourth minute of stoppage time to seal the win for Aston Villa.
In the League Two, John Akinde got on the scoresheet and provided an assist as Lincoln City earned a 2-0 win at promotion-chasing Milton Keynes Dons.
He converted a spot kick in the 34th minute to take his tally for the season to 17 goals in all competitions this season.
Photo Credit : stokecityfc.com
Football News 24/7
- Manchester United On Brink Of Deal For Ajax Nigerian Wonderkid
- U20 World Cup : Senegal's Sagna Breaks Monday Odiaka's 34-Year-Old Record For Fastest Goal
- 2019 U20 World Cup: NFF Reveal The Four Defenders Likely To Start Against Qatar
- 'It Became Obvious I Was Not In The Manager's Plans'- Moses Explains Why He Left Chelsea In January
- Ex-Watford, Crystal Palace Trialists Sign New Deals With EFL Club Morecambe
- Bournemouth's Ofoborh Picks Up Wisdom From U20 World Cup Winner Solanke
- Bournemouth Willing To Flog Leicester City-Linked Winger Ibe
- 'Is It U20 Or U40 World Cup?' - NFF Facing A Public Relations Crisis As Nigerians Question Ages Of Flying Eagles Players
- Race For 'Nigerian Golden Shoe' : Osimhen Is The Man To Beat (Top Six Players)
- Rangers Working On Deal To Sign Liverpool Winger Of Nigerian Descent
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football