Top Five Most Expensive Transfers In History Involving Nigerian PlayersPublished: April 08, 2019
Everton-owned winger Henry Onyekuru and Villarreal's Samuel Chukwueze could break the Nigerian transfer record in the near future based on recent developments.
While Onyekuru is being linked with a 40 million euros switch to the likes of Bayern Munich, PSG and Napoli, Chukwueze has seen his release clause rise to 63 million euros amid interest from the Premier League.
Allnigeriasoccer.com has compiled the top five most expensive transfers in history involving Nigerian players :
1) Kelechi Iheanacho, Manchester City to Leicester City : The Foxes purchased Iheanacho from the Citizens in August 2017 for a transfer fee in the region of £25 million, making him the most expensive Nigerian player in history.
2) Odion Ighalo, Watford to Changchun Yatai : Ighalo's Nigerian transfer record stood for only six months before it was broken by Iheanacho. The Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers top scorer was recruited for £20 million.
3) Ahmed Musa, CSKA Moscow to Leicester City : Although Musa failed to make a difference in his stint at Leicester City, the former Premier League champions had to cough up 17 million pounds to secure his signature from the Muscovites in July 2016, a Nigerian transfer record before it was surpassed by Ighalo.
4) John Obi Mikel, Lyn Oslo to Chelsea : Super Eagles captain, Mikel had the honour of being Nigeria's most expensive player for a decade after joining Chelsea from Lyn Oslo for a fee of £16 million.
5) Wilfred Ndidi, Racing Genk to Leicester City : Ndidi has made an impact since transferring to the Foxes for a fee of £15 million and that fee would rise if Genk trigger the performance related add-ons.
Football News 24/7
- SD Huesca Confirm Talks With Arsenal Over Signing Of Kelechi Nwakali
- Official : Racing Genk Announce Signing Of Super Eagles Star On Five-Year Deal
- Why Henry Onyekuru Could Become The Next Anthony Martial At Monaco
- Chelsea's Abraham Hails Arsenal Loanee After Brilliant Start To The Season
- Everton Boss Provides Update On Iwobi's Fitness Ahead Of Trip To Aston Villa
- 'What A Talented Young Man' - Reading Star Heaps Praise On Ejaria
- Liverpool Initially Planned To Sell Three Nigerian Players This Summer
- Official : Galatasaray Loan Out Nigeria U20 International Defender
- Official : Experienced Midfielder Kenneth Obodo Joins Italian Club Savona
- Talented Midfielder Miguel Azeez Reveals How He Joined Arsenal
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football