'New Aubameyang' Talks About Dream Team VII Debut, Surprise Super Eagles Call-UpPublished: April 10, 2019
Labelled the 'new Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang', Spezia striker David Okereke has looked back at his international debut for the Nigeria U23 team in their 4-0 rout of Libya in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier on March 25.
The 21-year-old did well in his first game in a Nigeria shirt, scoring in the closing minutes after coming off the bench, and was handed a surprise invitation to the Super Eagles a day before their friendly with Egypt.
''A dream that comes true, perhaps even sooner than I could have expected, and for this I must say thanks to the club and to the coach who believed in me,'' said Okereke to the official website of Spezia.
''The goal is dedicated to my family that has made the long journey to support me and I am happy to have given them this great joy.
''I am happy for the call-up with the senior national team, and also for this I thank La Spezia, which allowed me to extend my stay in Nigeria and to be available to the coach, Rohr.''
Okereke, who has been linked with a plethora of clubs in Italy, England and Belgium ahead of the summer transfer window, has won five Man of the Match awards so far this season after contributing to 18 goals (8 goals, 10 assists) in 25 games in the Italian Serie B.
Football News 24/7
- Man City's Dele-Bashiru Starts, Bournemouth's Ofoborh Bench As Nigeria Annouce Starting XI Vs Qatar U20
- The Best Young Talents In La Liga : Villarreal's Chukwueze Joins Barca's Dembele, Real Madrid's Vinicius Jr. On 12-Man List
- 2019 U20 World Cup: Senegal Star Delighted To Break Odiaka's 34-Year-Old Record
- Ex-Flying Eagles Striker Warns Aigbogun's Team Of Tricky Opener Vs Qatar; Scared of Ukraine
- Manchester United Set To Part Company With Nigeria-Eligible Fullback
- Three Players To Watch Out For As Flying Eagles Begin Their World Cup Campaign
- How Nigeria Have Fared Previously In The FIFA U20 World Cup
- Manchester United On Brink Of Deal For Ajax Nigerian Wonderkid
- U20 World Cup : Senegal's Sagna Breaks Monday Odiaka's 34-Year-Old Record For Fastest Goal
- 2019 U20 World Cup: NFF Reveal The Four Defenders Likely To Start Against Qatar
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football