Guinea Captain On AFCON Draw : No Need To Delude Yourself, Nigeria Is The FavoritePublished: April 14, 2019
Borussia Mönchengladbach's Guinea winger Ibrahima Traoré has provided some reaction to the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations draw that took place in Cairo on Friday and believes the Super Eagles are the favorites to progress to the round of sixteen in Group B.
In an easy looking group on paper, the Super Eagles will also face AFCON debutants Madagascar and Burundi.
''At first glance, we already see who is the favorite. There is no need to delude yourself. Nigeria, with the power they have, the history they have ,'' Traore, who is the captain of Guinea, said to foot224.com
''It's a regular in the African Cup. They are even used to winning (3 times, ed). A team that plays the World Cup. So, automatically, I think Nigeria is the favorite.''
On Madagascar and Burundi, he said : ''Then there is us. As I heard, everyone is waiting for us to advance without worries.
''However, there is Madagascar and Burundi which I can not talk about too much because they are two teams that I do not know well.
''These are teams that are not used to being at the AFCON but they are teams that have qualified and have had a lot of games to play and are there. It may be a surprise but it is not undeserved''.
The Super Eagles and Syli National face off at the Alexandria Stadium, Alexandria on June 26.
Football News 24/7
- Man City's Dele-Bashiru Starts, Bournemouth's Ofoborh Bench As Nigeria Annouce Starting XI Vs Qatar U20
- The Best Young Talents In La Liga : Villarreal's Chukwueze Joins Barca's Dembele, Real Madrid's Vinicius Jr. On 12-Man List
- 2019 U20 World Cup: Senegal Star Delighted To Break Odiaka's 34-Year-Old Record
- Ex-Flying Eagles Striker Warns Aigbogun's Team Of Tricky Opener Vs Qatar; Scared of Ukraine
- Manchester United Set To Part Company With Nigeria-Eligible Fullback
- Three Players To Watch Out For As Flying Eagles Begin Their World Cup Campaign
- How Nigeria Have Fared Previously In The FIFA U20 World Cup
- Manchester United On Brink Of Deal For Ajax Nigerian Wonderkid
- U20 World Cup : Senegal's Sagna Breaks Monday Odiaka's 34-Year-Old Record For Fastest Goal
- 2019 U20 World Cup: NFF Reveal The Four Defenders Likely To Start Against Qatar
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football