Steven Gerrard Hands Rangers Debut To Super Eagle Balogun; Bassey In Line For Pro DebutPublished: August 01, 2020
Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard has handed a debut to his new signing Leon Balogun in their Scottish Premiership opener against Aberdeen on Saturday afternoon, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Barring an injury in the warm-up, the former Brighton & Hove and Wigan Athletic central defender will step out on to the Pittodrie Stadium turf, beginning from 1230 hours, with the number 26 on the back of his jersey.
Signed as a free agent last month, Balogun only started training with the rest of his teammates at the Light Blues five days ago but he arrived at the club in tip-top condition as he was active for the Latics in the protracted 2019-2020 season.
The Super Eagle is partnered in central defence by another ex-Seagulls player in Connor Goldson.
Meanwhile, Joe Aribo, Rangers' Young Player of the Year, is set to play his 49th game for the club he joined last summer, having made the starting lineup.
New signing from Leicester City, Calvin Bassey is in line to make his professional debut aged 20 as he has been named among the nine substitutes.
Rangers finished second behind bitter rivals Celtic in the 2019-2020 campaign and will temporarily go top of the table if they win the early kickoff.
Photo Credit : rangers.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Confirmed : Tottenham Hotspur's Nigeria-Eligible Defender Eyoma Signs Two New Deals
- 'Always Believe' - Chelsea Loanee Moses Reacts To Inter Milan's Win Vs Bayer Leverkusen
- Nigeria U23 Defender Tipped For Return To Galatasaray After Unsuccessful Loan Spell
- Arsenal, West Ham, Palace-Linked Playmaker Eze Chooses His Preferred Destination
- Two Nigeria-Eligible Teenagers Land In Lisbon With Manchester City First Team Pre-Lyon
- Chelsea Loanee Victor Moses Called Upon From The Bench As Inter Beat Bayer Leverkusen
- 16-Year-Old Nigerian Defender Training Alongside Sancho And Co. At Borussia Dortmund Training Camp
- Stoke City Weighing Up Move For Champions League, Europa League Winner Mikel
- Glasgow Rangers New Star Balogun Named To Scottish Premiership TOTW
- 'Pogba Has Great Influence On The Pitch' - FC Copenhagen Hero Ijeh Backs Man Utd To Beat Danish Powerhouse
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football