Steven Gerrard Hands Rangers Debut To Super Eagle Balogun; Bassey In Line For Pro DebutPublished: August 01, 2020
Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard has handed a debut to his new signing Leon Balogun in their Scottish Premiership opener against Aberdeen on Saturday afternoon, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Barring an injury in the warm-up, the former Brighton & Hove and Wigan Athletic central defender will step out on to the Pittodrie Stadium turf, beginning from 1230 hours, with the number 26 on the back of his jersey.
Signed as a free agent last month, Balogun only started training with the rest of his teammates at the Light Blues five days ago but he arrived at the club in tip-top condition as he was active for the Latics in the protracted 2019-2020 season.
The Super Eagle is partnered in central defence by another ex-Seagulls player in Connor Goldson.
Meanwhile, Joe Aribo, Rangers' Young Player of the Year, is set to play his 49th game for the club he joined last summer, having made the starting lineup.
New signing from Leicester City, Calvin Bassey is in line to make his professional debut aged 20 as he has been named among the nine substitutes.
Rangers finished second behind bitter rivals Celtic in the 2019-2020 campaign and will temporarily go top of the table if they win the early kickoff.
Photo Credit : rangers.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Real Madrid Coach Zidane Explains Reasoning Behind Bringing On Akinlabi In Second Half
- Nantes' Simon, Racing Genk's Onuachu, Antwerp's Pius Score For Euro Clubs
- Akinlabi Enters The History Books As First Nigerian To Play Competitively For Real Madrid
- Ndidi Is A better CB Than Maguire, Lindelof Combined' - Fans Praise Leicester Emergency Center Back
- Akinlabi's Jersey Number Revealed Ahead Of Potential Debut For Real Madrid Vs Real Sociedad
- Obi Mikel Suffers Defeat On Home Debut For Stoke City
- 'He's One For The Future' - Arsenal Winger Chooses Miguel Azeez As 'The Next Big Thing'
- Most Fouled Player Tella Shines Off The Bench For Southampton As Spurs' Kane Sets New EPL Record
- 'Osimhen Is So Incredibly Fast, Great Player ' - Fans React As Super Eagle Debuts For Napoli
- Official : Super Eagles Defender Shehu Returns To Cyprus To Join AC Omonia
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football