'We Trained For One Or Two Weeks With U17 Team' - Chidera Ejuke On Failed Move To LiverpoolPublished: September 16, 2020
CSKA Moscow winger Chidera Ejuke has reiterated that he was disappointed to miss out on a dream move to Liverpool following an unsuccessful trial.
Four years ago, the Premier League champions ran the rule over Gee Lec Football Academy products Ejuke, Charles Ezeh and Suleiman Muhammad, and ex-Nigeria U15 international Jacob Njoku, but passed up the opportunity to sign the quartet at the end of trials.
Assuming they were offered contracts by the Reds, the plan was to send them on loan to Belgian club Sint Truidense VV as they didn't qualify for work permits, the players' agent Babawo Mohammed revealed back then.
"In Nigeria, I met a manager who took care of me and managed all my affairs. He introduced me to an agent with a FIFA license who was inviting European scouts to Nigeria," Ejuke told reporters in Russia including Championat.com.
"Liverpool have selected several players to watch. We trained for one or two weeks with the U17 team.
"The first team then seems to have played in the Europa League. It didn't go as planned, and we had to return to Nigeria and continue to struggle for survival. I was very upset."
Ejuke was also linked with a possible move to Manchester City before he was snapped up by Valerenga in March 2017.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Chelsea Product Of Nigerian Descent Akpan Trying His Luck At Football League Club
- Manchester United Striker Ighalo Delighted To Make Champions League Debut Vs PSG
- 'Why Take Off Cavani And Bring On Ighalo' - Man Utd Fans Baffled By Solskjaer's Decision To Hand UCL Debut To Nigerian
- Photo : Nigeria-Eligible Teenager Involved In Arsenal's Final Workout Pre-Rapid Vienna
- Super Eagles Striker Osimhen To Miss Napoli's Europa League Clash Against AZ Alkmaar
- Former Chelsea And Liverpool Striker Solanke Named To Championship Team Of The Month
- 'He's A Very Talented Young Man' - Campbell Urges Arsenal To Tie Balogun Down To New Deal
- Liverpool Loanee Ojo Reacts After Registering Two Assists In Cardiff City's Win Vs Huddersfield
- Garba Lawal Stirs Up A Hornet's Nest By Blasting Eagles For Lacking Leaders In Mould Of Eguavoen
- Midtjylland's Super Eagles Star Nicknamed The Tank Gets Very Good Ratings After Display In Italy
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football