'We Trained For One Or Two Weeks With U17 Team' - Chidera Ejuke On Failed Move To LiverpoolPublished: September 16, 2020
CSKA Moscow winger Chidera Ejuke has reiterated that he was disappointed to miss out on a dream move to Liverpool following an unsuccessful trial.
Four years ago, the Premier League champions ran the rule over Gee Lec Football Academy products Ejuke, Charles Ezeh and Suleiman Muhammad, and ex-Nigeria U15 international Jacob Njoku, but passed up the opportunity to sign the quartet at the end of trials.
Assuming they were offered contracts by the Reds, the plan was to send them on loan to Belgian club Sint Truidense VV as they didn't qualify for work permits, the players' agent Babawo Mohammed revealed back then.
"In Nigeria, I met a manager who took care of me and managed all my affairs. He introduced me to an agent with a FIFA license who was inviting European scouts to Nigeria," Ejuke told reporters in Russia including Championat.com.
"Liverpool have selected several players to watch. We trained for one or two weeks with the U17 team.
"The first team then seems to have played in the Europa League. It didn't go as planned, and we had to return to Nigeria and continue to struggle for survival. I was very upset."
Ejuke was also linked with a possible move to Manchester City before he was snapped up by Valerenga in March 2017.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- First Squad Involvement For Chelsea's Attacking Fullback Abu In U18 Premier League
- 'He Is Playing Very, Very Well With Nigeria' - Rohr Backs Bordeaux's Kalu To Rediscover Form
- Fulham-Bound Winger Lookman Left Out Of RB Leipzig Squad To Face Bayer Leverkusen
- Balogun Among 3 Nigerian-Eligible Players Involved In Arsenal First Team Training Pre-Liverpool
- Done Deal : Atalanta's Italian-Nigerian Center Back Okoli Joins SPAL On Loan
- Man Utd Legend Yorke In Attendance As Shoretire Makes Full Debut In 8-Goal Thriller Vs Liverpool U23
- The Reason Anjorin Has Not Played For Chelsea Teams In The New Season
- Zidane Drops Akinlabi From Real Madrid Squad Vs Betis Despite Training With First Team On Friday
- 'He Felt Some Pain There Towards End Of Last Season' - Leicester Boss Confirms Surgery For Ndidi
- Confirmed : Nigeria-Eligible Striker Signs New Three-Year Deal With Leicester City
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football