Super Eagles-eligible midfielder Carney Chukwuemeka played his first competitive match since his arrival at Chelsea as their development squad suffered a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Fulham in a Premier League 2 fixture at Kingsmeadow on Monday night.
Chelsea completed the signing of the Austrian-born England U19 international of Nigerian descent on a six-year deal eleven days ago.
Chukwuemeka was not named in Chelsea's squad for their opening match of the Premier League against Everton on August 6 and missed the second match in a row as the Blues were held to a 2-2 draw by Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday.
Against Fulham, Chelsea U21s coach made seven changes to the side that thrashed Wolverhampton Wanderers, one of which saw Chukwuemeka come into the side.
Luke Harris was the star of the show with three goals to help the visitors secure three points.
The talented Wales U19 international pounced on a defensive error and slotted home to give Fulham the lead midway through the first half, his low drive doubled the advantage in the 40th minute and sealed his hat-trick in the 69th minute.
Coach Mark Robinson introduced Lewis Hall for Chukwuemeka three minutes before Fulham scored their third goal.
Idris Odutayo and Bulgaria youth teamer of Nigerian descent Sylvester Jasper were both named in Fulham's starting lineup with the former going the distance.
Photo Credit : fulhamfc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria announce friendly with World Cup-bound CONCACAF team
- 18yo Super Eagles-eligible GK promoted to first team training by Crystal Palace boss Vieira
- UEL : Omonia coach hints at Super Eagles goalkeeper not starting against Manchester United
- 'I prefer ugly game and a win' - Boro's match winner Akpom reacts to victory against the Blues
- Out-of-date jerseys and four other observations from Super Falcons' 2-0 loss to Japan
- Japan 2 Nigeria 0 : Super Falcons extend losing streak to five straight matches
- Aris coach runs the rule over Super Eagles midfielder ahead of potential debut
- Former Nigeria striker hails Chelsea defender for superb UCL goal against AC Milan
- UCL wrap : Man City too good for Mukairu's FCK, Jenz starts as Celtic lose, Chelsea's Carney not in squad
- Chelsea hand UYL debut to promising striker Mendel-Idowu against Eletu's AC Milan
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football