African-born star could leave Chelsea in January transfer windowPublished: September 25, 2022
African-born defender Trevoh Chalobah is being linked with a departure from Chelsea in the January transfer window.
Italian transfer market guru Fabrizio Romano claims that the Freetown native is dissatisfied with his lack of first team opportunities at Stamford Bridge and could leave Chelsea if nothing changes.
Since the start of the 2022-2023 campaign, Chalobah has managed only one appearance for the Blues from a possible eight in all competitions.
The center back went the distance against Leicester City and was an unused substitute in six matches against Everton, Tottenham Hotspur, Leeds United, West Ham United, Dinamo Zagreb and Red Bull Salzburg.
Romano revealed that RB Leipzig, Inter Milan and AC Milan were interested in Chalobah's signature in the summer but Chelsea decided to retain him in their ranks.
Jose Mourinho's AS Roma have also been credited with an interest in the 23-year-old, who has been capped by England at U16, U17, U19, U20 and U21 levels but remains eligible to represent his country of birth Sierra Leone.
Chalobah joined Chelsea at U9 level and his current contract runs out at the end of the 2025-2026 season.
He previously enjoyed loan spells at Huddersfield Town, Ipswich Town and Lorient.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
- WAFCONQ: Five observations from Super Falcons come-from-behind win against Cape Verde
- WAFCONQ Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2: Super-sub Okoronkwo, Ajibade on target in come-from-behind win
- Bayer Leverkusen coach hints at strike partner for 'strong and technically excellent' Boniface
- 10 players including 3 invited to Nigeria national teams in the past in the running for Crystal Palace GOTM
- The top-rated Nigerian players in the Premier Leagues of Europe
- 'We know he's a very good player' - West Brom boss explains why Super Eagles striker is not starting games
- Houston Dynamo decline contract option for two Nigerian-born players; ex-Flying Eagles star Aliyu retained
- Dapo Afolayan: Exciting winger who learned his trade at Chelsea commits international future to Nigeria
- 'If they are called up, they will go' - Bayer chief confirms Boniface and Tella will be released to NFF for AFCON
- AFCON 2023: Should Rangers defender Leon Balogun be recalled to the national team?
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football