Done deal : Glasgow Rangers confirm signing of 2023 Flying Eagles inviteePublished: March 31, 2023
Scottish Premiership giants Glasgow Rangers have confirmed the signing of 2023 Flying Eagles invitee Thompson Ishaka.
Allnigeriasoccer.com exclusively reported more than a month ago that Ishaka had already put pen to paper on a contract with the Light Blues and only an official confirmation was pending from the club.
Today, Friday, Rangers announced that the talented striker has signed a deal until the end of the 2024-2025 season.
Ishaka had other opportunities to join other European clubs before Rangers won the race for his signature.
Dutch powerhouse PSV Eindhoven were seriously interested in signing him, while Chelsea and Manchester City were mulling over inviting him for trials with a view to a potential swoop.
Rangers have gotten the deal over the line after extensively monitoring the Nigerian wonderkid for approximately one year.
Ishaka has been offered a contract after impressing the youth team coaches during preparations for the 2022-2023 season.
The Riverlane Football Academy Enugu product netted a hat-trick against Dundee and was also on target against Glentoran and MSK Zilina in friendly matches.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- Premier League new boys Luton Town considering transfer swoop for Nigerian striker
- FC Basel show the exit door to youth team captain Uruejoma
- Gent goal machine Gift Orban is most valuable player in Belgium, Boniface joint-seventh
- Opinion: Why Super Eagles coach Peseiro dropped Moffi from AFCONQ squad
- Tottenham join Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City in race for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football