EFL wrap : Semi Ajayi, Ehibhatiomhan, Tovide find the net; Adeniran, Akinde at the doublePublished: April 10, 2023
Allnigeriasoccer.com's round-up of the players of Nigerian descent on target for their respective clubs in English Football League matches on Easter Monday.
At The Hawthorns, West Brom let slip a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 with Queens Park Rangers.
Nigeria international Semi Ajayi opened his account for the season in the 13th minute when he prodded the ball home after a low cross was fired at goal by John Swift.
Still in the division, teenage striker Kelvin Ehibhatiomhan netted his second career goal for Reading's first team but it counted for nothing as the Royals suffered a 2-1 defeat at the hands of Preston North End at Deepdale.
Seven minutes from time, Ehibhatiomhan thought he had salvaged a point for Reading when he headed past the goalkeeper but the home team grabbed a winner in stoppage time.
A division lower, Dennis Adeniran was the star of the show as Sheffield Wednesday secured a 3-0 win over Accrington Stanley at Hillsborough.
The Owls had a great start as Adeniran volleyed home from inside the area to give them the lead after ten minutes, and the former Fulham and Everton youngster doubled the advantage at minute 46 when he fired home from close range.
In the League Two, Colchester United thrashed Crewe Alexandra 4-0 at the JobServe Community Stadium, with Nigerian players accounting for three of those goals.
Veteran striker John Akinde fired the U's ahead in the 24th minute and made it 2-0 with another cool finish four minutes later.
In the 55th minute, teenager center forward Samson Tovide, who provided the assist for Akinde's first goal, got in on the act himself by slotting past the onrushing goalkeeper.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football