Mikel picks Haaland as the PL player he most likes to watch, Sterling as Chelsea's best playerPublished: November 17, 2023
Super Eagles legend Obi Mikel has named Manchester City striker Erling Haaland as the Premier League player he likes watching the most and England international Raheem Sterling as Chelsea's best player.
The retired Nigeria international praised Haaland who has been phenomenal since joining Manchester City last year.
He has broken the record for most goals scored in a season in the Premier League having found the back of the net 36 times in the last campaign and has picked up where he left off last season, leading the top scorers' chart with 13 goals this term, three more than second-placed Mohamed Salah
Speaking with FIVE, Mikel named the Norway international as the player he enjoys watching the most in the English top-flight
"I like watching Haaland. I mean the guy is on fire, he is scoring goals and the way he scores the goals, header, right foot, left foot and what is doing for Man City is absolutely unbelievable, so for me, I will definitely say Haaland and the way City are playing as well.
"For me, they are one team on a weekend, you want to put on TV, sit down and watch. They are just incredible. I wish I could say my club, Chelsea".
The 2013 AFCON winner also mentioned Sterling as the Blues' most impressive player.
The England international moved to Stamford Bridge last summer and scored 9 goals in 38 appearances across all competitions.
However, it appears that he is beginning to find his feet at Stanford Bridge scoring five goals across all competitions this season.
Mikel was full of praises for the 28-year-old as he explained why he has been the best player in Mauricio Pochettino's side.
"I will actually go with Sterling. I think he is probably the best player right now. I don't know what has come over him this season. I feel like he wants to show that he is still the guy and for me, I will definitely say Raheem Sterling.
"He is trying to put in performance after performance but the team is not playing that well to help him and achieve that.
"I thought he was going to be called back for the national team but he didn't get that and that set him back with his performances.
" I thought he started really well this season and he dropped off a bit, he thought he was going to get a call-up, but he didn't get it".
Photo Credit: chelseafc.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'He will change a lot of things for Chelsea' - Gianfranco Zola reveals Osimhen is tailor-made for PL
- Alejandro Garnacho beats Shoretire, 7 others to win Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Bayer Leverkusen striker Victor Boniface gunning for fourth consecutive Bundesliga award
- Taiwo Awoniyi nominated for Fans' Footballer of the Year 2023 award
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo to undergo further examinations to determine severity of jaw injury
- 'Ministry played a role in that employment' - Sports Minister confirms Peseiro's future will be determined after AFCON
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football