Emmanuel Sarki Elated Wisla Krakow Have Returned To Winning WaysPublished: May 04, 2014
In the 32nd round of games in the T-Mobile Ekstraklasa , Wisla Krakow ended their recent poor run following their 5 - 0 victory over PogoÃ…„ Szczecin.
Before the game at Stadion Miejski im. Henryka Reymana , Franciszek Smuda’s side had gone 8 matches without a victory, with their last win coming against city rivals Cracovia Kraków late February.
Former Nigeria youth - teamer Emmanuel Sarki was delighted that Wisla Krakow have found their footing once again.
Speaking to sport.pl. the 26 - year - old winger said : “I felt amazing. We had eight games without a win and five defeats in a row. This is not fitting for a club such as WisÃ…‚a .
“It’s a great team and we showed that hard work this week and fighting spirit on the pitch can change our position. I am pleased with this victory.”
Because of their indifferent form, supporters have kept away from the stadium to cheer the players in recent games, and Sarki has appealed to the fans to reconsider their stand.
“It’s hard to play with small spectators. We need our fans, and when you support us we feel better. After all, we are trying to do their job.
“Maybe in the next match they will be in the stadium because we have shown that the great Wisla have returned.”
Emmanuel Sarki has been involved in all the matches played by the club in the league but is still searching for his first goal this term.
Photo Credit: wisla.krakow.pl
Football News 24/7
- Osimhen costing more than Haaland : Serie A legend confident Nigerian will deliver for Napoli
- Chelsea loanee Ugbo nets brace in Cercle Brugge's 3-0 rout of Oud-Heverlee Leuven
- Crotone's Simy two goals away from breaking Nigerian record held by ex-Blackburn striker Yakubu
- EFL: Barnsley's Dike, Luton's Adebayo, Bournemouth's Solanke, Wigan's Solomon-Otabor on target
- Azeez involved in Arsenal's final training session before trip to Sheffield United
- Dutch-Nigerian winger Ideho scores third goal in four games for Arsenal U18s in loss to Fulham
- 'They are doing very well' - Victor Moses backing Chelsea to win the Champions League
- Trabzonspor issue medical bulletin on experienced winger Anthony Nwakaeme
- Announcement imminent by Arsenal as talented striker Balogun agrees new multi-year contract
- West Ham striker Odubeko scores hat-trick against former club Manchester United
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football