Emmanuel Sarki Elated Wisla Krakow Have Returned To Winning WaysPublished: May 04, 2014
In the 32nd round of games in the T-Mobile Ekstraklasa , Wisla Krakow ended their recent poor run following their 5 - 0 victory over PogoÃ…„ Szczecin.
Before the game at Stadion Miejski im. Henryka Reymana , Franciszek Smuda’s side had gone 8 matches without a victory, with their last win coming against city rivals Cracovia Kraków late February.
Former Nigeria youth - teamer Emmanuel Sarki was delighted that Wisla Krakow have found their footing once again.
Speaking to sport.pl. the 26 - year - old winger said : “I felt amazing. We had eight games without a win and five defeats in a row. This is not fitting for a club such as WisÃ…‚a .
“It’s a great team and we showed that hard work this week and fighting spirit on the pitch can change our position. I am pleased with this victory.”
Because of their indifferent form, supporters have kept away from the stadium to cheer the players in recent games, and Sarki has appealed to the fans to reconsider their stand.
“It’s hard to play with small spectators. We need our fans, and when you support us we feel better. After all, we are trying to do their job.
“Maybe in the next match they will be in the stadium because we have shown that the great Wisla have returned.”
Emmanuel Sarki has been involved in all the matches played by the club in the league but is still searching for his first goal this term.
Photo Credit: wisla.krakow.pl
Football News 24/7
- 'An exciting attacking threat' - Watford hero likens brand new signing Kalu to Emmanuel Dennis
- Arsenal's Anglo-Nigerian defender changes agent ahead of possible loan move
- Official : Promising winger Mukairu completes move to Danish giants FC Copenhagen
- Done Deal : Doncaster Rovers loan in West Ham United's Irish-Nigerian striker
- Super Eagles invitee gives his approval to Rangers loan capture of Man Utd's Ivory Coast star
- Southampton interested in Nigeria-eligible midfielder 14 years after Chelsea beat them to signature
- The reason Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is angry and disappointed
- Rangers boss reveals why he resisted the temptation to include Aribo in squad vs Livingston
- Confirmed : MLS club Columbus Crew loan in Real Zaragoza's Nigerian midfielder
- 'I could be going out on loan' - Arsenal's Anglo-Nigerian RB makes revelation about temporary transfer
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football