Emmanuel Sarki Elated Wisla Krakow Have Returned To Winning WaysPublished: May 04, 2014
In the 32nd round of games in the T-Mobile Ekstraklasa , Wisla Krakow ended their recent poor run following their 5 - 0 victory over PogoÃ…„ Szczecin.
Before the game at Stadion Miejski im. Henryka Reymana , Franciszek Smuda’s side had gone 8 matches without a victory, with their last win coming against city rivals Cracovia Kraków late February.
Former Nigeria youth - teamer Emmanuel Sarki was delighted that Wisla Krakow have found their footing once again.
Speaking to sport.pl. the 26 - year - old winger said : “I felt amazing. We had eight games without a win and five defeats in a row. This is not fitting for a club such as WisÃ…‚a .
“It’s a great team and we showed that hard work this week and fighting spirit on the pitch can change our position. I am pleased with this victory.”
Because of their indifferent form, supporters have kept away from the stadium to cheer the players in recent games, and Sarki has appealed to the fans to reconsider their stand.
“It’s hard to play with small spectators. We need our fans, and when you support us we feel better. After all, we are trying to do their job.
“Maybe in the next match they will be in the stadium because we have shown that the great Wisla have returned.”
Emmanuel Sarki has been involved in all the matches played by the club in the league but is still searching for his first goal this term.
Photo Credit: wisla.krakow.pl
Football News 24/7
- Former Chelsea star Moses reports for pre-season training at Spartak Moscow
- WAFCON : Three best and worst performers in Nigeria's defeat to South Africa
- 'He's a top level player' - Rangers icon understands why Southampton are interested in Nigeria star
- Significant update emerges on future of two Super Eagles stars and Nigeria U23 intl at Watford
- Opinion : Two English clubs that could benefit from signing Chelsea legend Mikel
- 'If we can do that' - 2019 Flying Eagles invitee targets promotion with Sheffield Wednesday
- Nigeria player ratings: Ajibade bright spark; Plumptre blows hot and cold; Oshoala, Chikwelu struggle
- Five observations from Nigeria's Super Falcons defeat to South Africa's Bayana Bayana
- WAFCON Nigeria 1 RSA 2 : Atletico Madrid star nets consolation goal for defending champions
- Celtic or Rangers? Analysis of which club would be a great fit for Super Eagles striker
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football