Nigeria Set To Compete With Belgium For RSC Anderlecht Teenage SensationPublished: October 11, 2018
The Royal Belgian Football Association (KBVB) are presently ahead of their Nigerian counterparts for the services of RSC Anderlecht teen sensation Kazeem Olaigbe, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Predominantly a center forward, Olaigbe is also comfortable playing as a left and right winger and has the ability to wreak havoc on defenses.
The Belgian Federation identified the attack-minded player as one of the top prospects in the country and he earned caps for their U15 team before he was promoted to the U16 national team at the start of the 2018-19 season.
Born in 2003, Olaigbe was named Most Valuable Player of the International Youth Tournament 2016, having starred as Anderlecht reached the final where they lost to Tottenham Hotspur.
He netted on his debut for Belgium U16s team in their 2-0 win over Ukraine in September and since then he has gone on to make appearances against Ukraine and Germany.
Olaigbe may have hinted that he won't reject Nigeria if they come calling as his official Instagram profile
clearly displays the Nigeria flag and of course the Belgian flag.
Ryan Sanusi (Grenoble) and Funso Ojo (Scunthorpe United) have been capped by Belgium at youth level but yet to debut for their senior team, while Cyriel Dessers of FC Utrecht has been part of a Belgium U21 training camp.
Photo Credit : instagram.com/kazeem.olaigbe10
Football News 24/7
- Nigeria U23 Coach Amapakabo In Touch With German-Born Fortuna Dusseldorf Goalkeeper
- Billing Is Huddersfield's Lowest Earning Player Per Minute Played In Premier League
- Rohr Receives Good News From Saudi Arabia Regarding Availability Of Ahmed Musa For AFCONQ
- 'African Zidane' Mikel Named In Championship Team of The Week
- Ex-West Ham Striker Obinna Training With Potenza Ahead Of Potential Transfer
- Swedish-Based Nigerian Midfielder Ruled Out Of Chelsea Vs Malmo Europa League Clash
- Reading Record Buy Aluko Set To Pen Deal With Chinese Club Beijing Renhe
- Guardiola's Brilliant Response To Nigerian Critics For Not Winning UCL Without Messi & Co
- Odemwingie Reveals 70% Of African Players Believe Juju Men More Important Than Doctors, Nigerian Juju Man Treated Broken Arm
- Jordan Aina, Uwakwe, Anjorin Absent As Chelsea Advance To UYL Last Sixteen
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football