Ex-Leicester City Striker Musa Admits Super Eagles Will Miss Obi Mikel Not Victor MosesPublished: October 11, 2018
Former Leicester City striker Ahmed Musa says the team will miss the influence of captain John Obi Mikel in the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifier against Libya on Saturday but believes there are players in the squad that can replace the retired Chelsea winger Victor Moses.
The Super Eagles who are third on the Group E log with three points will miss their mercurial skipper due to fitness issues.
And Musa believes the team will shrug off the setback and record victory over the Mediterranean Knights on Saturday.
"We will definitely miss the captain. We all understand his importance to the team," the Al-Nassr star began at a Press Conference attended by allnigeriassoccer.com on Thursday.
"Victor Moses is no longer available for selection due to his retirement from the national team.
"We have players who are capable of filling the void. We certainly missed some players against Seychelles but copped.
"William Troost Ekong missed out of the Seychelles fixture but he is fully back for the Libyan test.
Musa reiterated the Super Eagles' desire to be at the 2019 AFCON after missing out in the last two editions of the competition.
"We haven't been to the last editions of the AFCON."
"The players are looking forward to qualifying for the competition.'
"We are training ahead of the two games against Libya. There is no point jumping ship. The focus is on the first one on Saturday," he concluded.
Football News 24/7
- Stoke City's Nigeria International Etebo Seals Image Rights Deal With Myron Topclass Sport Outfits
- Huddersfield Town Nigerian Star In A Race Against The Clock To Be Fit To Face Liverpool
- Super Eagles Captain Vs Libya, Ahmed Musa Admits Games Were Not Easy
- Rohr Hails Libya Team: They Deserve To Qualify For 2019 AFCON
- Nigeria U20s Set To Beef Up Squad With Goztepe Striker Dubbed 'The New Emmanuel Adebayor'
- Ex-Super Eagles LB Udeze Lauds German-Based Jamilu Collins, Reveals Roberto Carlos Influence
- Teenage Nigerian Defender Making A Name For Himself, Trains With Arsenal Stars Ozil, Bellerín
- More Super Eagles Players Reactions: Aina Aims Sly Dig At Critics; Ogu Happy To Play First Competitive Game In Five Years
- Super Eagles Lucky Charm Ighalo Is AFCONQ Leading Scorer Ahead Of Anderlecht, Liverpool Strikers
- Internationals: Tomori, Abraham, Solanke, Onomah, Eyoma Start For Young Lions; Oko-Flex & Lookman Benched; Nmecha Missing
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football