NFF Boss Pinnick Cites The Bible To Justify Reinstatement Of Disgraced Super Eagles CoachPublished: November 08, 2018
Nigeria Football Federation supremo Amaju Pinnick has cited the Bible to justify his decision to reinstate disgraced Super Eagles coach Salisu Yusuf as soon as he finishes serving a one-year ban.
It would be recalled that the CHAN Eagles boss was banned from all football-related activities by the NFF following its consideration of a complaint as well as the coach's defense of a video documentary in which he was seen to accept the sum of $1,000 from an undercover reporter posing as a players' agent.
''Salisu Yusuf would come back as the Eagles assistant coach after his suspension. He still has a contract with the NFF,'' Pinnick told a local radio station, as reported by Guardian Nigeria.
''It is not that I am supporting Salisu Yusuf for what he did. In life, there is nobody that has not fallen short of anything one way or the other. The coach has realised his mistakes and he needs to be forgiven.
''If God could forgive us for our sins, who are we as human beings not to forgive others.
''In the Bible, Jesus Christ told the people, whoever had not committed sin before should cast the first stone on a woman who committed sin.''
Salisu Yusuf had accepted a cash gift $1,000 from Tigers Player's Agency, an undercover reporter, purportedly interested in acting on behalf of Osas Okoro and Rabiu Ali, for their inclusion in the list of players for 2018 CHAN in Morocco.
Football News 24/7
- Nigeria U23 Skipper On Win Vs Libya : These Group Of Players Are Wonderful Players
- 'Victor Osimhen Could Be Nigerian Mbappe'- Dream Team VII Fans Go Nuts Over Display Of Wolfsburg Loanee
- Nigeria U23s Coach Reacts To Inclusion Of Uzoho, Ozornwafor In Squad Vs Libya
- Four Things We Learned From Nigeria U23s AFCONQ 4-0 Rout Of Libya
- Dream Team Player Ratings Vs Libya : 10/10 For Osimhen; Nwakali Magnificent; Chukwueze, Awaziem Shine; Awoniyi Quiet
- U23 AFCONQ Nigeria 4 Libya 0: Osimhen Nets Hat-Trick As Defending Champions Demolish North Africans
- Awoniyi, Nwakali, Osimhen, Uzoho Start As Nigeria Announce Starting XI Vs Libya U23
- Midtjylland's Onuachu To Make Full Debut Vs Egypt, Balogun Also Handed Starting Berth
- Arsenal Interested In Signing Nigerian Midfielder Likened To Patrick Vieira
- Rohr Reveals The Three New Players Under Consideration For Super Eagles AFCON Roster
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football