NFF Boss Pinnick Cites The Bible To Justify Reinstatement Of Disgraced Super Eagles CoachPublished: November 08, 2018
Nigeria Football Federation supremo Amaju Pinnick has cited the Bible to justify his decision to reinstate disgraced Super Eagles coach Salisu Yusuf as soon as he finishes serving a one-year ban.
It would be recalled that the CHAN Eagles boss was banned from all football-related activities by the NFF following its consideration of a complaint as well as the coach's defense of a video documentary in which he was seen to accept the sum of $1,000 from an undercover reporter posing as a players' agent.
''Salisu Yusuf would come back as the Eagles assistant coach after his suspension. He still has a contract with the NFF,'' Pinnick told a local radio station, as reported by Guardian Nigeria.
''It is not that I am supporting Salisu Yusuf for what he did. In life, there is nobody that has not fallen short of anything one way or the other. The coach has realised his mistakes and he needs to be forgiven.
''If God could forgive us for our sins, who are we as human beings not to forgive others.
''In the Bible, Jesus Christ told the people, whoever had not committed sin before should cast the first stone on a woman who committed sin.''
Salisu Yusuf had accepted a cash gift $1,000 from Tigers Player's Agency, an undercover reporter, purportedly interested in acting on behalf of Osas Okoro and Rabiu Ali, for their inclusion in the list of players for 2018 CHAN in Morocco.
Football News 24/7
- Official: Ex-Man City Midfielder Nwakali Parts Company With Rakow Czestochowa By Mutual Consent
- Two Players Of Nigerian Descent Withdraw From England U21 Squad
- 'Leon Balogun Was Injured' - South Africa Dazzler Explains Why They Resorted To Long Balls
- Uganda Announce Match Day Squad For Tuesday's Friendly Against Super Eagles, Star Player Okwi Out
- Chelsea Loanee Ola Aina Will Not Train With Super Eagles Monday, Returns To Italy
- Rohr Names Only Three South Africa Players Who Impressed Him In 1-1 Draw Vs Nigeria
- Rohr Teases South Africans : Not Even Half The Stadium Was Full Against Nigeria
- Internationals: Ogbeta Captain; Balogun Scores; Eyoma Impresses; Saka Cameo; Anjorin, Okonkwo Benched
- Super Eagles Camp Update Pre-Uganda : Omeruo, Balogun Excused From Friendly; Aina Doubtful
- Five Talking Points From Nigeria's Shock Defeat To South Africa In AWCON Opener
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football