AFOTY Nominee Ighalo Rules Out Playing In Chinese Second Division, Has Offers From EPL TeamsPublished: December 06, 2018
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that African Footballer of the Year nominee Odion Ighalo is set to quit demoted Chinese Super League team Changchun Yatai in the winter transfer market.
As previously reported, the future of the Super Eagles striker has started dominating the local back pages and this website can report with certainty that there is no going back on his decision to quit Changchun Yatai as he doesn't want to play in the Chinese second-tier.
Having scored 27 goals for club and country in competitive matches this calendar year, Ighalo is a wanted target of English Premier League and Chinese Super League teams, and he has left negotiations to his longtime agent Atta Aneke to decide what's best for him.
The 29-year-old is back in Nigeria after vacationing in the United States, accompanied by his mom, and will make a decision on his next club after the break.
The hamstring injury that saw him miss the final round of last season is a thing of the past as he has resumed training and is doing everything possible to return to full fitness after spending a month on the sidelines.
Ighalo will celebrate the one-year anniversary of his orphanage next weekend and will also hold a family thanksgiving.
Football News 24/7
- Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City, Aston Villa Run The Rule Over Chelsea, Spurs Starlets Of Nigerian Descent
- Photo Confirmation : Ex-Falkenberg Star Egbuchulam Completes Move To Suwon FC Worth N432M
- Chelsea Have A Big Decision To Make As Nigerian Defender's Stock Continues To Rise
- Official : US Alessandria Recall Akammadu From Loan Spell At Tranmere Rovers
- Real Madrid Attacking Midfielder Eligible For Nigeria Makes Debut For Spain
- Cesc Fabregas Confirms Ex-Super Eagles Star Convinced Him To Join Monaco
- Why Watford Super Kid Dubbed The New Eden Hazard Left Nigeria U20 Camp
- Harry Kane Injury : Why Watford's Isaac Success Could Be A Good Fit For Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa's Dutch-Nigerian Starlet Too Hot For Reading To Handle In FA Youth Cup
- Nigerian Striker Not Going Back To Chelsea As Wolves Miss Out On Signature
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football