AFOTY Nominee Ighalo Rules Out Playing In Chinese Second Division, Has Offers From EPL TeamsPublished: December 06, 2018
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that African Footballer of the Year nominee Odion Ighalo is set to quit demoted Chinese Super League team Changchun Yatai in the winter transfer market.
As previously reported, the future of the Super Eagles striker has started dominating the local back pages and this website can report with certainty that there is no going back on his decision to quit Changchun Yatai as he doesn't want to play in the Chinese second-tier.
Having scored 27 goals for club and country in competitive matches this calendar year, Ighalo is a wanted target of English Premier League and Chinese Super League teams, and he has left negotiations to his longtime agent Atta Aneke to decide what's best for him.
The 29-year-old is back in Nigeria after vacationing in the United States, accompanied by his mom, and will make a decision on his next club after the break.
The hamstring injury that saw him miss the final round of last season is a thing of the past as he has resumed training and is doing everything possible to return to full fitness after spending a month on the sidelines.
Ighalo will celebrate the one-year anniversary of his orphanage next weekend and will also hold a family thanksgiving.
Football News 24/7
- Spur's Onomah May Join Nigerian Golden Boy Nominee At Borussia Monchengladbach; Mainz, Augsburg, Frankfurt Also In The Mix
- Nigeria Team News Vs Tunisia: Rohr Hints Osimhen, Uzoho May Play; Mikel, Akepyi, Awaziem Out
- Two Nigeria-Eligible Whizkids React After Scoring First Professional Goals For Arsenal
- AFCON 2019: Mikel Among Three World-class Players Who Could Have Done Better In Egypt
- 'No 10. Is A Very Special Jersey To My Family' - Okocha's Nephew Iwobi Not Ruling Out Wearing Shirt Number
- How AFCON Participation Could Affect Iwobi's Chances At Arsenal Next Season
- Ex-Manchester United Striker Ohio Confirms His Time With Manchester City Is Over
- RB Leipzig Set To Break Nigerian Transfer Record For A Winger As Everton Agree To Sell Lookman
- Chelsea Boss Lampard May Assess Abraham, Tomori Vs Barcelona But Another NFF Target Omitted
- Official : Exciting Nigerian Prospect Signs New Deal At Manchester United
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football