Alexander-Arnold Set To Make Champions League Final History : Finidi Holds Nigerian RecordPublished: May 21, 2019
Liverpool fullback Trent Alexander-Arnold will create history if he starts for the Reds in their Champions League final against Tottenham Hotspur on June 1, 2019.
Born 7 October 1998, the right-back would become the first ever player aged under 21 to start consecutive finals in Europe’s premier club competition.
Italian defender Christian Panucci currently holds the record for the youngest player to start in two consecutive Champions League finals, starting for AC Milan against Barcelona and Ajax Amsterdam in 1994 and 1995 respectively.
Panucci was aged 22 years and 42 days when he started against Ajax at Ernst-Happel-Stadion, Vienna on May 24, 1995.
The youngest Nigerian player to start in two consecutive Champions League finals is Finidi George, who went the distance for Ajax Amsterdam against AC Milan and Juventus in 1995 and 1996 respectively.
The former Super Eagles winger was aged 25 years and 37 days when he started against Juventus twenty-three years ago.
Former Ajax Amsterdam star Nwankwo Kanu was still a teenager when he featured in his second consecutive Champions League finals vs Juventus, a record that can never be broken by Trent Alexander-Arnold.
The Nigerian striker was a second half substitute against Milan in the 1995 final, before starting against Juventus the following year.
Photo Credit : twitter.com/OfficialFinidi
Football News 24/7
- Rohr Reveals The identity Of The Good Player Super Eagles Will Miss At AFCON
- Iwobi Discusses That Sensational Goal Against Chelsea In Europa League Final
- Top Six Players Who Would Surely Get Their Chances With The Super Eagles After AFCON
- The Four Key Players In Super Eagles Africa Cup of Nations Squad
- The Eight Clubs Interested In Signing Former Arsenal Striker Aneke
- Confirmed : Scottish Giants Rangers Loan In Sheyi Ojo From Liverpool
- Official : Former Super Eagles Invitee Noah Bazee Joins FC Augsburg
- Leon Balogun Or Omeruo? Troost-Ekong Quizzed On His Best Defensive Partner
- Prolific Nigerian Striker Departs Manchester United, Rejects New Deal
- Five Nigerian Stars Linked With Moves To Premier League Clubs
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football