Arsenal Coach On How He Will Get Saka, Amaechi, Other Young Players Ready For Europa League FinalPublished: May 22, 2019
England youth internationals of Nigerian descent Bukayo Saka and Xavier Amaechi have been training with the Arsenal squad ahead of their Europa League final against Chelsea next Wednesday.
A change in UEFA regulations implemented ahead of the 2018-19 season means that teams are permitted to name as many as 12 substitutes for the Europa League finals, and the two teenage wingers are seriously in contention to be included in the match day 23.
When asked on how he will get the young players ready for the final, Gunners boss Unai Emery told arsenal.com : ''Through playing. We have used 30 players in this competition from the beginning until today. We are going to use them, they are training with us, they need to take confidence and rhythm to know our way.
''They are training to play with important players, but the young players need to play our way, and need to do our process. And they are doing that, when they play in this competition it is a big challenge and big opportunity for them.
''Now, they are with us, continuing, they can enjoy it with us. Maybe some of them can play, but all the time they are with us is to improve, watching and taking experience with us, and also being closer to the important players who have a big past in all the competitions like the Champions League or Europa League.''
Saka has made two appearances for Arsenal in the Europa League - against Vorskla Poltava and Qarabag Agdam in the group stage - while Amaechi has yet to make a first-team appearance.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Femi Azeez Joins Reading; Younger Brother To Sign New Arsenal Deal On Friday
- England, Nigeria Or Uganda? Arsenal Young Star Reveals National Team He Wants To Represent
- Nigerian Winger Rescues Draw For Manchester United In Friendly Against Hertha Berlin II
- Why Lookman Did Not Feature In RB Leipzig's 2-1 Victory Over Benfica
- Arsenal Goalkeeper Ejeheri Targets October Return From Injury
- UCL Wrap : Club Brugge's Okereke, Dennis Start In Goalless Draw; Lokomotiv's Idowu Cameo, Dinamo's Iyayi Benched
- Saka Named In Arsenal's Provisional Squad Vs Eintracht Frankfurt; 6 Eligible Nigerians Miss Out
- Salzburg's Haaland Equals Champions League Record Held By Yakubu And 6 Players
- Slavia's Olayinka Gets A 10/10 Rating After Scoring Vs Inter Milan, Reacts To Maiden UCL Goal
- Former Chelsea Wonderkid Named In Nigeria's Provisional Squad For U17 World Cup
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football