Nigeria Team News Vs Tunisia: Rohr Hints Osimhen, Uzoho May Play; Mikel, Akepyi, Awaziem OutPublished: July 17, 2019
Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has suggested that Victor Osimhen and Francis Uzoho may be handed a run-out this evening when the three-time African champions face Tunisia in the AFCON third place play-off.
Of the 23 players named on Nigeria's roster for the tournament in Egypt, only the aforementioned players have not featured and Rohr says he wants to give playing opportunities to all the players before their return to Nigeria.
''It will be a different match because we played already 21 of our 23 players and it would be interesting to see all the 23 players also,'' Rohr said at Tuesday's press conference.
''We would see if we can see all the 23 players. It would be good for the solidarity of the group but we want a result, we want to finish well after this little disappointment.
''It is perhaps better for the team to return to the country with a victory than a loss.''
Meanwhile, Trabzonspor new signing John Obi Mikel is the only fitness worry in the Super Eagles 23-man squad and it is all but confirmed that he will not be selected against Tunisia.
Porto defender Chidozie Awaziem is not eligible for today's game after receiving his second yellow card of the competition in the closing minutes vs Algeria which triggered an automatic one-game ban.
Daniel Akpeyi is not in the right frame of mind to continue in goal for the Super Eagles for reasons everyone is aware of and is set to be omitted from Rohr's starting XI.
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal Interim Coach Ljungberg Explains Why Saka Was Upset With Him Before Standard Liege Tie
- 'Saka Is Genuinely What Chelsea Fans Think CHO Is' - Fans Hail Arsenal Creator After Goal & Assist
- Dinamo's Iyayi Misses Chance To Show Off To Chelsea, Liverpool, Wolves, Barca, 10 Other Euro Teams
- UEL: Teenage Nigerian Midfielder Makes Arsenal Matchday 18 For The First Time In Career
- QPR Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria Explains Thinking Behind Wonder Goal Vs Birmingham
- African Giants Al Ahly Suffer Blow In Pursuit Of Blessing Eleke
- Sky Sports Pundit Names The Nigerian Player Likely To Start For Arsenal Vs Standard Liege
- Super Eagles Winger Needs 5 More Goals Or 9 Games To Become A Permanent Nantes Player
- 'He Can Play At The Three Front Positions' - Rohr Impressed By Versatility Of Bordeaux Striker Maja
- Top 5 Youngest Nigerian Players To Score In Champions League As Barcelona's Fati Makes History
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football