Official: Three Nigerian Rising Stars Offered New Southampton Deals; Sheyi Ojo's Cousin RetainedPublished: June 26, 2020
Three Nigerian starlets have been offered new contracts by Southampton ahead of the 2020-2021 season, the English Premier League has officially reported.
They are Flying Eagles hopeful Oludare Olufunwa, Nathan Tella and David Agbontohoma.
Should the aforementioned players accept the new terms, they are expected to resume pre-season training with Kazeem Olaigbe and Zuriel Otseh-Taiwo, who have both been retained.
Olufunwa is a versatile defender who has been on the books of Southampton for ten years, and represented their U23 squad in the 2019-2020 season.
Tella, 20, joined the Saints three years ago; he recently made his professional debut in a 3-0 win vs Norwich City and was a non-playing substitute against his old club Arsenal yesterday.
Former Arsenal schoolboy Agbontohoma, 18, featured for the club in the U18 Premier League and EFL Trophy in the curtailed academy season.
Belgium youth international Olaigbe and Otseh-Taiwo, who is a cousin to Liverpool winger and Nigerian Federation target Sheyi Ojo, were key players for Southampton U18s last term.
Meanwhile, Republic of Ireland youth international Roland Idowu who was signed from St. Josephs Boys in the summer of 2018 has been released.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- FC Khimki Interested In Signing Russian-Born Nigeria International Fullback
- 'Kelechi's Never Missed A Penalty' - Ndidi Names Iheanacho As Leicester's Top Man When It Comes To Spot Kicks
- Photo Confirmation - Ex-Flying Eagles Star Adejo Extends Contract With Greek Club PAS Lamia
- Real Betis Pass Up Opportunity To Sign U17 World Cup-Winning Defender Zakari On Permanent Deal
- Former Liverpool Striker Ngoo Rejects Two-Year Deal Offered By Albanian Champions
- Photo : Super Eagles Midfielder Named In Glasgow Rangers Provisional Squad Vs Bayer Leverkusen
- Three Players Of Nigerian Descent Retained As Derby County Academy Provide Squads Update
- Torino In The Market For Fullbacks: Chelsea Product Aina's Future Hangs In The Balance
- 'Man Utd Need A Real Goalscorer' - Paul Scholes Pinpoints Ighalo As Cheaper Option To Kane
- Nigerian Exports : 37-Year-old Old Scores For Mladost Lucani; Molde's Omoijuanfo Nets Brace & More
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football