'The goalkeeper is at fault' - Ex-Crystal Palace star refuses to blame Sanusi for Chelsea's first goalPublished: April 07, 2021
Zaidu Sanusi and his Porto teammates have a lot of work to do in the second leg of their Champions League quarterfinal meeting with Chelsea next week after losing 2-0 to the Premier League side at the Estadio Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán in Seville on Wednesday night.
Super Eagles left-back Sanusi was reinstated to Porto's starting lineup by manager Sérgio Conceição after he was rested against Santa Clara last weekend.
Thomas Tuchel's side will go into the second leg with a really good advantage after Mason Mount in the first half and Ben Chilwell in the second half got on the scoresheet.
In the 32nd minute, Jorginho picked out the 22-year-old whose clever turn and backheel fooled Zaidu, before firing a right-footed drive into the far corner.
Former Crystal Palace striker Clinton Morrison has refused to blame Sanusi for the first goal conceded by Porto and insisted that goalkeeper Marchesín was at fault.
Shortly after Mount's opener, Morrison said on BBC Radio 5 Live : " It's patient play and even though Porto have a good shape, it's a good ball in by Jorginho into Mason Mount's feet.
"The turn is so sweet, so sharp. The goalkeeper is at fault for me, though."
Due to travel restrictions between the United Kingdom and Portugal, the return leg will also be played at the Estadio Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán, with Chelsea playing hosts on Tuesday, April 13.
Photo Credit : fcporto.pt
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- West Ham's Odubeko named Premier League 2 Player of the Month for April 2021
- Super Eagles striker Dessers has doubts about his future at Racing Genk
- Memorable Manchester Derbies of all time
- Confirmed: Promising midfielder James Olayinka returns to parent club Arsenal
- Former Super Eagles invitee named in Turkish Super Lig Team of the Season
- Newcastle United face competition from Portuguese giants Benfica in race to sign Nigerian defender
- Hodgson says Crystal Palace need Eze more than Manchester United and Manchester City
- Racing Genk in advanced talks to sign youngest Nigerian player to feature in La Liga
- Lazio target Simy receives attractive offer from English Championship club
- Oshoala enters game as sub as Barca thrash Chelsea in UWCL final with Abramovich in attendance
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football