'The goalkeeper is at fault' - Ex-Crystal Palace star refuses to blame Sanusi for Chelsea's first goalPublished: April 07, 2021
Zaidu Sanusi and his Porto teammates have a lot of work to do in the second leg of their Champions League quarterfinal meeting with Chelsea next week after losing 2-0 to the Premier League side at the Estadio Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán in Seville on Wednesday night.
Super Eagles left-back Sanusi was reinstated to Porto's starting lineup by manager Sérgio Conceição after he was rested against Santa Clara last weekend.
Thomas Tuchel's side will go into the second leg with a really good advantage after Mason Mount in the first half and Ben Chilwell in the second half got on the scoresheet.
In the 32nd minute, Jorginho picked out the 22-year-old whose clever turn and backheel fooled Zaidu, before firing a right-footed drive into the far corner.
Former Crystal Palace striker Clinton Morrison has refused to blame Sanusi for the first goal conceded by Porto and insisted that goalkeeper Marchesín was at fault.
Shortly after Mount's opener, Morrison said on BBC Radio 5 Live : " It's patient play and even though Porto have a good shape, it's a good ball in by Jorginho into Mason Mount's feet.
"The turn is so sweet, so sharp. The goalkeeper is at fault for me, though."
Due to travel restrictions between the United Kingdom and Portugal, the return leg will also be played at the Estadio Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán, with Chelsea playing hosts on Tuesday, April 13.
Photo Credit : fcporto.pt
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- EFL: Barnsley's Dike, Luton's Adebayo, Bournemouth's Solanke, Wigan's Solomon-Otabor on target
- Azeez involved in Arsenal's final training session before trip to Sheffield United
- Dutch-Nigerian winger Ideho scores third goal in four games for Arsenal U18s in loss to Fulham
- 'They are doing very well' - Victor Moses backing Chelsea to win the Champions League
- Trabzonspor issue medical bulletin on experienced winger Anthony Nwakaeme
- Announcement imminent by Arsenal as talented striker Balogun agrees new multi-year contract
- West Ham striker Odubeko scores hat-trick against former club Manchester United
- Leicester City coach Rodgers on possibility of Iheanacho being long-term successor to Vardy
- Mourinho runs the rule over Nigerian prospect ahead of Tottenham's clash vs Manchester United
- Official : Super Eagles central defender inks new contract with Scottish champions Rangers
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football