'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England wingerPublished: December 04, 2022
In what was a battle of the Lions, the Three Lions of England devoured the Teranga Lions of Senegal to advance to the Quarterfinals of the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
African champions, Senegal suffered a 3-0 loss to the Gareth Southgate led side in a Round of 16 clash of the 2022 FIFA World Cup played at the Al Bayt Stadium in AI Khor.
Goals from Jordan Henderson, Harry Kane and Bukayo Saka were able to propel England to the last eight.
Following their comprehensive victory, the Europeans will face defending champions France in the quarterfinals of the FIFA World Cup on Saturday.
Arsenal star of Nigerian descent Bukayo Saka scored England's third goal of the night and in the process made history.
The 21-year-old also became the first Arsenal player to score for England's senior team in a knockout game at any major tournament.
Saka's impressive performance has set tongues wagging, with many football lovers in Nigeria taking turns at lavishing the England winger with praise.
Here's what Nigerian fans said on Twitter :
Photo Credit : fifa,com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Report : Fulham's Anglo-Nigerian player a target for Inter Milan to replace Slovakia center back
- London Football Awards : Olise battles Arsenal trio Saka, Martinelli, Saliba for Young POTY
- Napoli set African record price for Chelsea and Manchester United target Osimhen
- Former Fenerbahce winger Victor Moses prays for Turkish earthquake victims
- Iheanacho partnered in attack by Harry Kane, Mbeumo in Alan Shearer's PL TOTW
- Super Eagles legend questions Chelsea's signing of Enzo Fernandez, treatment of Aubameyang
- 'I think it's impossible' - Reims chief comments on the future of Arsenal loanee Balogun
- FA Youth Cup : PL youngest debutant helps Arsenal overcome two-goal deficit to beat Watford
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football